Chapter 3: "fate"

Ezra tricked the troopers guarding his door and found a armor artillery room where he found a nice backpack and a Cadet helmet. He put it on dispite it being a bit too big for him and turned on the transmitter. He needed to know if he was in hyperspace or not.

"KKKK- transport 5703 is on course, 0 collision calculated." Said an officer.

Collision eh? Maybe i can used that to my advantage... thought ezra.

"Sir... the prisoner escaped." Said what ezra assumed was the troopers in his cell right now. Tatle tails..

"WHAT!? i knew the rebels were brave but i never thought they'd be foolish enough to attack a distroyer! How did they get aboard!?" Kallus asked.

"Tge rebeals didn't free him... he uh..."

"Sir theres a security breach in B23!"

Ezra then realized how exposed he still was and spotted a vent on the ceiling. He naturally went in it and started crawling around. Trying to get to either the escape pods or hitch a ride with a transport in one of the hangers. But he doubted the last one.

But even with the escape pods he still had a good chance of being shot down. And he didn't even know how to fly a ship let alone to check it to see if it had the ability to hyperjump. So thinking about those factors he decided to hitch a ride regardless of it being the best way for him to be imprisoned again.

He wondered if his mom or dad did this when they were captured...

Ezra made it near the platform and dropped down from the vents in the middle of the main entrance. He fell flat on his face with a loud THUD of the helmet meeting the metal flooring. 

He sat up quietly and pulled of the helmet to spit out a bloody tooth. "Ow." He licked were the tooth gap was which happened to be one of his big front teeth. It was gummy and still bleeding a lot. He wiped his mouth and grabbed the helmet. He hid behind crates and slowly moving closer and closer to the ships.

"all shuttles be alert! Theres a kid around here and we dont want them to stow away in the ships." Announced a cheif stormtrooper.

"Sir, wouldn't the kid go to the escape pods?" Asked another trooper.

"Most likely but we still have our orders. Now follow them and inspect the ships!"

"Sir yes sir!" Said the troppers.

"This is ganna be harder then i thought..." ezra whispered to himself. He sat down against the crate he was hiding behind, put in the helmet, and crossed his arms to think.

What now? Hm.... he could go back to the storage room he was in and change into a Cadet uniform... nah their to big for him... hide in the crates? Possible but they'll most likely check em... what if he took a ship with a Droid in it? He could order it to do what he wants but... that would mostlikely back fire but.... it was the best option he had.

He crawled amongst the crates to the back corner of the hanger and stood behind the ships in the darkness. They could spot him if he moved at the wrong time or they looked to closely but either way ezra had to take that chance. He quickly dodged and weaved behind the ships. Watching and listening to the troopers closely.

That was until he unexpectedly ran into a small group of them hidden between the ships. He quickly ducked back where he came from and slowly scooted away.

"I cant believe they lost a kid. We're stormtroopers not amateurs! Who the hell was even guarding it? Was it josh?" Asked one of the troopers with brown wavey hair. They all seemed to be playing a card game.