Silver Swords

Because I miss King Lupin :(

Also inspired by this Ben Barnes as prince Caspian

***

"Sirius ? Sirius ?" The king's stride hurried with the growing worry in his chest.

He turned left and right, questioning each servant he passes. "Have you seen my husband ?" They all shake their heads. Then, without Remus having to instruct them, they scurry off to help find the missing man.

Remus searched every room. First, the music room, now made into Sirius' personal study. Next, the library, a place he runs to escape the castle's bustle. Finally, the kitchens, for obvious reasons. With those three suspects proven wrong, he's left to wander the castle in fury.

"My king! Your majesty!"

Remus whirled around to the source. "Yes ? What is it ?"

The servant boy, both hands resting on his bent knees, delivers the message between each breath.

"His royal highness is in the barracks."

Remus' eyebrows furrowed. "What ? What is he doing there ?"

"I saw his royal highness wearing your armor sir. I ran straight back to you."

A part of Remus relaxed. His husband is safe, within reach at least. He pats the boy's shoulder, telling him he's done well and is free to leave. Remus adds that the boy could use his personal sword collection whenever he practices.

The boy was reduced to emotional tears.

Remus knows where to go now. His stride relaxes as he head to where Sirius was last seen. Indeed, he found the man in armor that's too big for him.

Sirius was fiddling with a waist piece that hadn't fit right. He tried fixing the leather strap that attached it to his arm when a man stood before him and a pair of hands helped secure the buckle he was struggling with.

"Sirius Lupin."

Shit.

Sirius' eyes slowly look up. Maybe if he pulls the sad puppy face enough, Remus won't get too mad.

"Yes dear ?"

Remus raises an eyebrow. "You've been disappearing so many times this week. Then I find you in armor. Mind explaining to me?"

"It's nothing!" Sirius backs away.

Like a wolf stalking its prey, Remus fills in the space Sirius left. All until the smaller had nowhere else to escape. His back has hit the wooden walls of the storage building. It creaked and pricked his skin as he leaned on it.

"Tell me."

Sirius nervously glances at the hand that's trapping him between a dangerously serious Remus and an unyielding wall. He has to explain THAT to his (hot) seething  husband.