𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐞

Enid POV:

Today Wednesday hadn't shown up to any of our classes so now I was asking around to quad to see if anyone else had seen her for the day. I saw Yoko talking to some of her other friends. I didn't want to cut into their conversations so I just waited for a bit before getting impatient and asking to talk to her in the hallway.

"You needed something, Enid?" "Yea! Ijustwantedtoknowifyousawwed-" "Enid.'' She grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me back and forth. "Slow down." she continued. "Sorry, I wanted to know if you saw Wednesday for the morning." She let go of my shoulders. "Now that I think about it, I don't think I have. But doesn't she normally stay with you for most of the day?" "Yes she does but I haven't seen her."

Yoko puts her hands on her hips thinking before looking back at me. "Have you been in your room today Enid?" "No, why?" I was confused. "Omg- Enid. She's probably in your room. Your shared room." Now I just felt really dumb. "Oh."

"Wow, Enid. Just wow." She told me with a disappointed look. "I was panicking so I didn't think to check there!" "Yeah, Yeah Enid. Now go on and run off to your girlfriend." Yoko said as she started to walk away. "Not my girlfriend Yoko." Yoko turned back around to face me. "She's not?" She looked confused before gesturing me to answer.  "I see us more as each other's emotional support people. Plus Wednesday doesn't seem like she would tolerate a partner." I spun around walking to the staircase, probably leaving a still confused Yoko behind.

By the time I got up the stairs I had fully prepared myself  to see if I had really forgotten to check our room and suffer from my stupidity. I unlocked and opened the door to see Wednesday lying on her bed staring at the ceiling. I stood there arms crossed staring at her until she sat up and stared back at me.

"Yes, Sinclair?" "We had classes today." She shifted in her bed to actually face me. "Your point?" "You skipped all your classes today." I continued the conversation as I put all my school books away. "I realize Enid" "Why?" Wednesday just lay back down on her bed and didn't respond.

I just left her staring at the ceiling, went to shower, and got changed into some pajamas before sitting on the edge of my bed and looking over at Wednesday's side of the room. It seemed she had also changed. "Wends, you ready to talk now?" "If I do, will you stop calling me that?" She sat up facing me. I nodded and walked over to her side of the room and sat on the floor in front of her bed so she still had her space.

"So start whenever you are ready Wednesday."

"You're making me feel like I'm in a therapy session."

I rested my head on the edge of her bed. "Sorry, but why did you skip school?"

"Because I wanted to..."

"That's not an excuse"

"Are we done now, Sinclair? I answered your question," she asked as she tried to walk to the door.

"Nope, why did you stay here all day?" I got up, grabbed her sleeve, and pulled her back.

"You're not going to stop pestering me until I answer aren't you?"

"Look Wednesday, I'm not trying to force it out of you but you'll feel better if you talk to someone."

"I feel fine" She pulled her sleeve back and glared at me.

"So why don't you answer the question? If nothing is wrong, why are you trying to hide the reason you stayed up here? I know you don't 'like' school but you would never miss a class Wednesday. I'm just worried that something is going on and I can't help you."

"Fine."

"Fine, what?"

"If you want to listen to my problem oh so much then sit back down and listen."

"Thank you," I replied and sat back down on the floor

"Recently whenever I go outside or especially to class everything is so loud. It was always loud but it seems to keep getting worse and worse every day. I tried to block it out but it was just too overwhelming and I couldn't focus so I decided to not go to class today and camp out here."

I just sat and listened to everything she said because it isn't every day Wednesday opens up.

"So what you're gonna call me weak or something because go right ahead." She finished turning away from me.

"Why would you be weak? We could talk to Principal Weems and-"

"No." Wednesday cut me off. "Tell anyone about this and I'll have your pretty little head on a stick."

I learned to shrug off Wednesdays threats knowing they were all empty.

"Ok! I won't tell anyone but you have to go back to class tomorrow-"

"Were you even listening? It's too loud."

"Anddd if it gets too loud or you even feel overwhelmed in the slightest so just tap my shoulder and I'll help get you out of there!" I smiled at her and I could have sworn she flashed even the smallest one in return. Maybe it was my imagination? Even if it was, that doesn't mean it didn't make me feel happy she even showed the slightest bit of emotion.

I hopped into my bed thinking about the gothic girl.

"Goodnight Wednesday!"

"Night Sinclair."