Kakashi's Decision

(Picture = What Atsuko looks like)

Atsuko's POV

I sighed as I walked towards the Hokage's Office. He had called me for some important mission that I had to do.

My name is Atsuko, no last name. I'm 9 years old and the captain of the Konoha ANBU. Yes, way too young, but trust me... I'm capable of doing more things than you expect.

As I reached the Hokage's office, I knocked on the door and waited for a respond before going inside.

"Hokage-sama, you wanted to see me?" I asked politely. As I stepped inside, I noticed someone else in the room... Kakashi Hatake? I raised my eyebrow in confusion. The Hokage seemed to notice my confusion and chuckled slightly before gesturing to step forward.

"Yes actually, I need you to go to the Land of Silent to receive a scroll with Kakashi. This is a very important mission and I know you two would be perfect for this," the Hokage explained.

"You will meet up with the head of the village and get the scroll from him. I trust you can take this mission?" the Hokage asked. Kakashi and I nodded.

"Very well. I will give you reports about further details. You are dismissed," the Hokage said. I nodded and bowed before going out with Kakashi to get ready.

~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~

It was midnight and we were almost ready to go... well... At least, I was. The mighty Kakashi Hatake had become late yet again, 'I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up two hours from now' I thought as I sigh before sitting beneath a tree and waited for the stupid jounin to finally show up himself, not realizing I had slowly started to drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~

Kakashi's POV

'Shoot I'm late for our mission!!!' i thought as I jumped from roof to roof in a hurry. If it was with any other jounin, I wouldn't really care and take my time, but this is the captain we're talking about... TAICHOU! SUPER STRICT EMOTIONLESS PRODIGY CAPTAIN!!! oh how I wish being late wasn't a habit of mine...

When I reached the meeting place, I was about to yell sorry when I was greeted by utter silence. I looked around confused.

"Where is Taichou?" I asked to myself. 'I wouldn't be surprised if she left me to be honest' I thought.

I was about to go look for her when I heard light sensed someone under a tree. I carefully looked under the tree, only to see Taichou sleeping peacefully while leaning on the tree.

"She must of gotten less sleep these days," I muttered to myself as I slowly inched closer to the captain until I was beside her. I looked at her petit form in sadness. While sleeping, she didn't look like the Prodigy ANBU Captain, she just looked like a normal 9 year old girl. I sigh before stroking Taichous hair softly.

I admire Taichou, but I've also slowly begin to see her as my own daughter. Always trying to help and protect her the best I can, even when she doesn't realize it. She deserves so much in this world.

I finally snapped out of my thought and back away when Taichou started to move in her sleep. Suddenly, she started shaking and tears started forming in her eyes making me worry.

"N-no.... go away.... I-I'm sorry... p-please go....," she started mumbling in her sleep. She was having a nightmare. Without thinking, I hugged her tightly but softly. I stroked her air while rocking back and forth.

"It's okay, don't worry... No one will hurt you now, okay? I'm here, so don't worry, Atsuko.... I'm here... ," i whispered gently to her.

Soon, she started to relax in my arms and fell asleep again. I looked at her once more before getting both of our bags and carrying her out the village. This will probably lead to trouble since this mission is dangerous and Taichou isn't in her best condition, but we have accomplish our mission.

I've finally decided on something that I've been thinking about for a long time.