The Ninja Academy

Atsuko POV

"Atsuko, wake up!!!!" a voice yelled startling me making me fall out of my bed.

"Ah! Taichou, are you alright? I'm sorry!" the same voice said again as a hand placed itself on my back, sitting me up. I open my eyes to see Kakashi trying to sit me up, a worried face. I sigh before rubbing my eyes and looking at him.

"I'm fine, Kakashi. Why are you still calling me Taichou? I am not an ANBU anymore," I asked him while standing up. Kakashi laughed while scratching the back of his head.

"Force of habbit. Anyway, it's your first day in the academy so you need to get ready," Kakashi said before leaving my room. I sigh before walking towards the shower. I took a bath before wearing my usual clothes (it's in Atsuko's Bio) before walking downstairs to see Kakashi making breakfast.

"Good morning, Atsuko," Kakashi greeted.

"Good morning," I greeted back as I sat down on one end of the table.

"Are you nervous for your first day?" Kakashi asked, setting a plate in front of me.

"Surprisingly, yes," I said making Kakashi raise his eyebrow, or I assume he is with that headband of his.

"You are an ex-ANBU Captain, fought many A-Class criminals and your afraid to go to school?" Kakashi asked with a chuckle. I glare at Kakashi before sighing.

"Not afraid, just.... Nervous," I explained. Kakashi stared at me before placing some eggs and bread on my plate. He walked beside me and gently lifted my chin to face him. He smiled at me before kissing my forehead.

"It'll be alright, Atsuko. There is nothing to be nervous about. Besides, you got Iruka's class didn't you? And you're already friends with this Naruto guy, right? You'll be alright," Kakashi said, making me smile slightly and nodding at him before looking at my food. I frowned when I realized that Kakashi had placed broccoli on my plate so I moved the broccoli to the side before continuing my food. I heard Kakashi chuckle from beside me but he didn't do anything.

When I was eating, I looked at Kakashi to see him eating slowly while reading that sick book of his. I sigh as I thought about it.

"I'm sure it'll be okay".

~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~

"I change my mind...," I muttered as I stood in front of the class alone.

Kakashi had something to do and couldn't take me to the academy. I sigh before softly knocking on the door. It was a moment until I saw a familiar chunin open the door.

"Ah, Taichou! You're here, but where is Kakashi?" Iruka asked, looking around the hall.

"Kakashi had something to do so I went here on my own," I explained to Iruka. He nodded before telling me to wait outside as he told the other.

"Iruka," I called him as he was about to enter. He looked at me.

"Don't call me Taichou, Atsuko will do," I said making him smile and nodded before going inside.

'Perhaps I shouldn't have forced every single person needed to call me Taichou when I was still an ANBU...,' I thought to myself before listening in to Iruka.

"Guys, today we have a new student in our class," I heard Iruka said followed by a lot of whispering and talking. It was a while until Iruka opened the door and motion me to come in.

"You can come in Taic- I mean, Atsuko," Iruka said as I walked in. A lot of whispering could be heard from the students. Iruka gave me a sorry glance before facing the class.

"Atsuko, please introduce yourself," Iruka said, I nodded at him.

"My name is Atsuko Hatake. I'm nine years old and will be your new classmate. It's nice to meet you all," I said. Everyone's eyes widen at my age.

"Sensei, she's nine years old! Why is she with our class???" a girl with blond hair in a pony tail said irritated.

"Because her levels and knowledge is way beyond her age so she will be joining us instead, Ino," Iruka explain, trying to be calm. I assume it was because the girl obviously insult and underestimating me.

"Are there any more question?" Iruka asked, several people raised there hand.

"Sakura," Iruka called, motioning to a girl with long pink hair.

"Is there anyone here you find attractive?!" Sakura asked almost yelling.

"There is a lot of people here I find rather attractive, you yourself are rather attractive, Sakura-san," I said to her making her blush. I was never the one to use honorifics, no matter how rude it seemed, but now that I'm living a new life, I might as well try it.

"No, I mean someone you like?" She asked again. I gave her a blank look.

"No, because I don't know any of you and truly liking someone just because of their look is rather stupid and pointless," I said shocking the class. "There's a different between liking someone and being interested in someone, Sakura-san. Assuming what you mean was the latter, then no. I'm not interested in anyone in particular. Perhaps better wording next time," I continued. The class went quiet for a while.

"...Very well then, Kiba," Iruka finally said motioning to a boy with brown hair and red matkings on his face.

"Are you always this emotionless?" Kiba asked blunty making Iruka snap

"Kiba!! Do not disrespect Taich- your classmate, understood?!" Iruka slightly yelled making the whole class jump.

"It's fine, Iruka... sensei. As for your question Kiba-san, this is my general vibe however that does not mean I do not have emotions," I informed him. Suddenly, there was a yell.

"Atsuko-chan!!!!!!" a voice said as a blur of orange tackled me onto the ground. I looked at the face to see non other then...

"Naruto?" I asked. He grinned and nodded before helping me up and hugging me again.

"You're in the academy!!!! I have a friend now!!!! Why didn't you tell me Atsuko-chan???" Naruto pouted as he looked down on me.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," I explained to him making him smile and hug me again.

"You know Naruto?" A voice asked making me look back to see the whole class staring at me and Naruto. I backed up from Naruto and nodded making the whole class gasp.

"Why would you befriends with a wimp like him???" someone yelled followed by the muttering from the other students. Naruto looked like he was about to yell when I beat him.

"Because he is my best friend and nothing can change that. He is also the future Hokage so you better respect him or else you will regret it!!" I yelled making the whole class look at me with wide eyes, including Naruto. It was silent until Naruto spoke.

"You really believe in me? " Naruto asked, I looked at him.

"Of course i do," I said to him before facing the whole class.

"And if you have a problem with that, your going to have to get through me. Believe it!" I said using Naruto's line making everyone gasp while Naruto grinned.

~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~

I sigh as I walked back home from the Academy. Today was just a whole new experience for me. It was a while until I finally got home.

I walked inside to see Kakashi sitting on the couch with the TV on but he was reading that book of his. I sigh before stepping inside.

" I'm home " I said as I approach the living room. Instantly, Kakashi bombard me with questions.

"How was it? Did you have fun? Did you make friends? Do you have any enemies? How was i-"

"It was... Decent...," I said making him chuckle before rubbing my head and head towards the kitchen to make dinner.