Chapter 1 (not edited)

Within this small village, there lived a sweet caring woman. Her name was Esme, Esme was loved by others, she had long, brown, wavy hair, eyes bluer then the ocean. She had a gentle look to her. She was around 5ft 6. Esme was well known in Beauté Sans Fin (endless beauty) for her love for books. She worked in a book store called La Maison Des Livres (The House of Books). She spent half of her time there, and whenever she went on breaks, she would read to the local children.

"Will that be all monsieur?"

"Yes that shall be all".

After beautifully packing the books with a Royal yellow ribbon she carefully gave the books to the gentleman.

"Thank you Mademoiselle"

She smiled brightly to the gentleman as he went on his day.

Esme looked at her pocket watch, 11:50, it was soon to be her break and it was her weekly reading to the local children, so she grabbed a book to read, and swiftly turned around and bumped into the owner of the bookstore. His name was Leo. He was a kind, sweet, old man, small and chubby he had a moustache, a walking stick and his hair was white as snow. Leo adored Esme and treated her like his own daughter, even giving Esme the nickname, Belle...

"Oh belle, I thought you would be reading to the children by now". he said calmly

Esme was startled by the sudden appearance of Leo.

"Ahh Leo you startled me!" she laughed, while putting her hand on her heart.

"Oh I'm sorry dear," he said out of concern

"It's okay." she smiled

"I was just about to go and read to the children," she said beaming like a flower

Leo chuckled.

When Esme was about ready to leave she addressed to Leo that him she was going to read to the children now. Leo told her to be careful, she nodded, then curtsied and she was on her way.

She arrived at the fountain were her normal reading spot was and when the children spotted her they excitedly ran towards her.

"MISS ESME MISS ESME!!" one of the children enthusiastically shouted.

She laughed, watching the children eagerly running to her to hear the new story, eventually all the children had sat around her, one of the children asked her what book she will be reading to them.

She replied by saying, "this book is about a beast and a beautiful princess"