Chapter 2 (not edited)

Bit of a warning-

*Kidnapping/chemicals (drugs).

This is a long chapter I'll try and make the chapters long sorry if I can't. :)

.............................................................................

Having nearly finishing reading the book to the children, Esme looked at her pocket watch the time was 1:08 she had ten minutes to spare-so she said goodbye to the children, Just as she was about to leave, one of the children grasped her dress, she turned back around and the child asked her when she would finished reading the booked to them. She crouched down so she was eye level with the children. She said to them she would read to them next week, the children were bursting with joy, she was going to read to them again and they all waved bye and ran of playing before the sunsets and they have to go in.

She watched them run fast with there little legs giggling while chasing butterflies and playing different games with each other, smiled and turned to walk to the market, When she arrived into the markets she looked around and was mesmerised. The markets always surprised her no matter how many times she'd seen them, she couldn't get enough. The markets were filled with all kinds of things; jewellery sparkling in the sun light, cloth's and shoes all make with love and care, flowers moving gracefully in the slow wind, food that could be smelt from miles away.

She smiled as she amble through the markets, people saying hello everywhere she goes. She replied with a "hello" and a warm smile. Esme carried on walking making sure she took everything in. Esme wandered towards a food stall and was greeted by a friendly man.

"Esme how nice to see you. I see your holding a book did you read to the children?" he asked

"It very nice to see you too. Yes I just finished reading to th-" she was interrupted by a loud rumble in her stomach.

Esme looked away out of embarrassment, the man laughed and she slowly turned to look at him with a blush of embarrassment still on her face and asked if she could buy some bread. After the stall man put the fluffy brown bread in a bag, she grabbed it and thanked him. She looked at her pocket watch and saw that she had one minute to get back to the bookstore, she said her goodbyes and curtsied to the man and ran out of the market place.

She kept sprinting, dodging people on the way she did not know. A carriage was coming her way, she misplaced her foot and fell onto the hard gravel. Placing her hands in front of her for protection, dropping the book and bread, she quickly grabbed the book and bread just as she was about the get up she felt a sudden pain in her knee. Then she heard people yelling and when she looked to her left saw the carriage coming towards her. It was too late to think. It was already so close to her; She closed her eyes and tilted her head downwards, waiting for the impact of the horses and carriage. However it never came. She looked up to see the horses right in front of her standing tall like mountains. They were gorgeous creatures. The two horses were a chestnut colour. There mane long and silky. There hooves were big that they could break a stone.

Thankful the carriage stopped before she got trampled on, she got up to thank the coachman. The carriage door opened, and two guards came out and a few seconds later a man came out. Esme was mesmerised by the man. He was around 5ft 11 with stone grey eyes his hair long and slicked back with some little strands hanging in front his face. His outfit was royal like he had a sword hanging from his waist. Even though he was handsome his glare scared her. She though she would drop dead there.

When he spoke, his voice sounded like a beast. He had asked her why she was in his way. Esme apologised with a trembling voice, but he did not care for apologies. She looked around and saw people shrinking away, she thought if his glare wasn't a killer and if he wasn't terrifying she would have wondered why people are shrinking away?

She couldn't look at his glare anymore so she looked down and stared at the floor. The man wanted a answer on why she was in his way, so he commanded her to look at him, Esme flinched at the sound of his voice but obediently looked up at him from his command.

When she looked up, he looked into her eyes and he was some how drawn to them but backed out of that thought and asked her again why she was in his way. She had told him that she tripped and fell and didn't see the carriage coming. Looking away again in awkwardness, he huffed and called her pathetic.

"What is your name?"

"M-m my name is Esme" she said with a trembling voice her palms sweaty with anxiety.

He repeated her name, then took one more look at her before getting back into the carriage. Esme's head hung low starting at the floor. He wished he could see her eyes one more time before he goes but he quickly got rid of that wish as he thought it was pathetic, the he climbed back up into the carriage.

Esme looked back up and watched the carriage go, her heart was pounding so intensely she thought her heart would jump out of her chest. She looked back around and people started to come out from the shadows staring at her mumbling but she couldn't hear, she felt awkward so she started to limp back to the book store.

When she arrived at her work place thirteen minutes late, Leo quickly walked up Esme with his walking stick he was worried as she never late back from her breaks.

"Esme mon chéri are you okay? did you get Hurt?"

Esme smiled at the caring old man and said just had a little fall as she didn't want to worry the man too much. Leo made her sit down on a chair even though she told him she okay but he's too stubborn to listen. He went into the back room and got a wet napkin, some medicine and a bandage. When he came back he looked at her knee and cleaned it to get rid of the dirt and put some medicine on the scratch so it doesn't get infected. Then he put a bandage on her knee to keep out bacteria he also looked at her hand and put some medicine on there as she got grazed there also.

"You should go home for the day and rest a bit I've got everything sorted here so don't you worry," he said out of concern

She tried to Persuade him she was fine but he was having none of it and sent her home. When she was waiting for a carriage to come around, she spotted the same carriage from before coming towards her, she took a step back and started to walk away. As the carriage went past her, she thought it was just a coincidence so she didn't think about it any longer, she stopped walking and saw another carriage come towards her. She was just about to call out for the carriage to stop when a hand came from behind her and a cloth covered her face she try's to resist however the chemicals were to strong and she blackouts before she could do anything else. The guards put her in the carriage opposite from the man from before.

"Why have you caught my attention?" he grumbled.