Chapter 4 (not edited)

Esme had woken up on a creaky bench. When she sat up and a jolt of pain went through her head, she clutched her head in her hand, after the pain settled she looked around in the unfamiliar room.

However it was more of a dungeon then a room. The dungeon was cold and dark. There was moss all over the walls and little droplets of water falling from the roof making a little puddle.

The dungeon had on window that was the only source of light she had, she wanted to look outside to try and figure out where she was.

She got up from the bench and walked to the window however it was to tall for her to see out of so she had to climb.

She grabbed a sturdy rock that was coming out of the stone wall, and one rock after another she began to climb higher.

After climbing she grabbed the bars of the window this helped her to keep her balance, she tiptoed so she could see outside. She caught a glimpse of the trees swaying in the wind however that's all she could see.

After getting back down she walked to the bench she had woken up from.

She felt helpless. Sitting down on the creaky bench she sighed.

She wanted to get out of here she wanted to go back to the bookstore that she loved, she wanted to see Leo the man that cared for her. She had thought of the children and how they were excited to hear her read again.

Esme felt guilty because she had promised them she would read to them again but she didn't know if she would ever get out there, she didn't know how long she had been in the dungeon maybe a day, hours she didn't know.

Just as she was about to stand up she heard the door open and footsteps walking down what sounded like steps. She stood up and walked backwards keeping her eyes at the bars that kept her lock up, she ended up back near the window she had just climbed.

Then she saw a figure. A figure of a man, she couldn't see the face as were he was standing it was too dark, she was thankful for the rusted bars that kept her separated from the figure.

The figure moved towards the rusted bars and into the light that's was when she saw him. It was the same man she had encountered he was the one that had took her.

Why she thought she had apologised and gave a reasonable answer on why 'she way in his way'. The man had opened the dungeon door and walked in he made sure to close the behind him.

He powered walked towards her. He was there is seconds.

They were now face to face with each other .