Chapter Twelve.

Mariposa walked around the supermarket. Mariposa hasn't been able to think straight ever since she went to the testing center with Sanguk for his citizenship test and interview. Mariposa ran to the supermarket nearby to get Sanguk a gift. She knew that he had worked hard and studied a lot for this day. She searched through all the flowers and she honestly didn't know which one to get. She wanted to get him something sentimental and not just any plain old flowers.

"Who are you getting flowers for?" A familiar voice asked, making Mariposa jump a little.

Mariposa turned around and she sees Taegyu with a spray bottle, he wore an apron with the store's name on it. Mariposa hasn't seen him in a while. His usual spike hair had grown out a bit, and he had less bruising and scratches on his face. He smiled and Mariposa smiled softly. "For Sanguk, he's taking his citizenship test today and I want to get him something to congratulate him," Mariposa answered and Taegyu nods, usually he would insult Sanguk or try to say how he was better than Sanguk but this time he doesn't.

Taegyu looked down and smiled softly. "He's doing something that a lot of us in our community have always been afraid to do. I think that's pretty cool... I usually don't say this but I envy him. He's gotten farther than most of us and is a lot smarter than I thought. Plus he has a smart and beautiful girl beside him. There are not a lot of people like you Mariposa," Taegyu says and Mariposa's cheeks warmed, she smiled. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. As much as you may think you might not have gone far just take a moment and look around, acknowledge what you didn't have before, and if there's something that you want that's not there, work harder but remember to be kind to yourself," Mariposa says and she reaches out, she rubbed his shoulder.

Taegyu stared at Mariposa, his lips formed into a sad smile. "Yeah, but there is something that I wanted that someone else worked even harder for."

Mariposa tilted her head and lifted her eyebrows. "Really? What is it?"

It wasn't a what, it was more of a who.

Taegyu pats Mariposa's shoulder and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "No one in particular. Let me show you the good stuff," Taegyu says and he leads her over to a white pink-ish hibiscus. "This is Korea's national flower, we call it mungungwha, it's a hibiscus but it's very special to our country. I think you should get these for him," Taegyu says and he grabs a bouquet, Mariposa followed him to a desk area and Taegyu sat down. "I can write on the bouquet in Korean, what do you want it to say?" Taegyu asked and Mariposa thought for a moment, she wanted to say so much but there wasn't a lot of room.

"I want to say that I'm really proud of him and I love him," Mariposa said.

Taegyu smiled sadly and nodded, he began to write and Mariposa watched him. "You have really nice handwriting," Mariposa complimented and Taegyu let out a small laugh. "I don't... just don't want to mess this up," Taegyu mumbled as he finished up. He wrapped the pretty silk around the bouquet and tied it neatly. "There you go, it's free of charge," Taegyu says and Mariposa shook her head. "No, I can pay, where's your reg-"

Taegyu laughed and Mariposa's smile faltered, Taegyu rubbed her arm. "It's okay... you're my only close friend and I don't charge my close friends," Taegyu says and Mariposa smiled a little, she looked at the bouquet. "Thank you, if you need anything, let me know," Mariposa said firmly and Taegyu nodded, he waved gently.

Mariposa walked away and Taegyu watched her until she got into her car and drove away from the market.

_____

Mariposa waited as people walked out of the building, they hugged their loved ones and some cried with their loved ones. Watching all this made Mariposa anxious at most, she knew that he had done well and that he studied hard but she was still quite worried for him. Mariposa felt a hand on the back of her back, she looked over to see Joey and Bogum that stood beside her, sporting the same look of worry. "I think he did good, he's a smart guy and he really loves you. The power of love always conquers," Joey said and Bogum smacked his lips. "You're so cheesy sometimes," Bogum mumbled.