Chapter Sixteen.

Warning chapter contains:
violence and SA.

                    Mariposa put her hand on her hip as she stood in front of her cousin Mary, "What do you think? Is it too much?" Mariposa questioned as she stood in the dressing room of a local boutique in their neighborhood. She wore a yellow tie-up haltered dress and Mary nodded, she motioned for Mariposa to turn around. "Yellow is most definitely your color," Mary remarked and Mariposa smiled as she looked in the mirror. "Sanguk likes it when I wear yellow, I'm going to get it," Maripisoa grinned.

Mary let out a dramatic sigh, Mariposa turned to Mary, "What is it?"

"This is supposed to be our girl's day, you bring him up one more time," Mary grunted.

Mariposa frowned, she walked over to Mary and she sat next to her, "Sorry, things have been great and I'm happy so I can't help it. Next time, I mention him you can slap me but nowhere above the neck," Mariposa said and Mary chuckled, she nodded and she pointed over to the denim jumpsuit. "Deal, go try on that jumpsuit so we can leave. I'm beat from the shopping and I'm thirsty, we should go get some slushies," Mary said and Mariposa got up, she grabbed the jumpsuit, "Okie dokie," Mariposa chimed and she went back into the dressing room.

Mariposa put on the jumpsuit and she walked out, Mary immediately shook her head, "Hell no, it's not flattering on you at all. The material makes you look boxy," Mary said and Mariposa nodded, she turned around and she looked over her shoulder in the mirror. "It makes my butt look flat," Mariposa let out a small whine, she clicked her tongue, "I really thought this would look cute," Mariposa sighed and Mary chuckled, "You must forget that the woman we saw it on was almost six feet tall, skinny as ever and white," Mary exhaled at the end.

Mariposa clicked her tongue and she turned to Mary, "We should have gone to the other side of town. I bet you we would have more luck over there than here. It's such a bummer to shop here, like the jeans are hard to fit in and nothing is ever for my body," Mariposa exhaled and a woman came walking out of the dressing room, she looked at Mariposa up and down.

The woman was tall, was slender and she had long dark hair that was in pin curls and red lipstick coated her lips neatly, she turned away from Mariposa and slipped on her Chanel heels, "This store isn't for girls like you, half of the girls around here starve themselves including me to fit in the clothes here. It's hard being the standard but it seems that it's easy for your girls to look the way you look," The woman said.

Mariposa put her hand on her hip, "All women are beautiful no matter how much they weigh, or how they look and appear. Maybe you should think about who sets those standards and evaluate how you see yourself and the extent you go to just to look the way you do because, at the end of the day, it's hurting you physically and mentally. You doing this to yourself is a win to the men who set that standard," Mariposa said and she went back into the dressing room.

Mary smirked as she looked at the woman, the tall woman stood there frozen and she swallowed hard. She tutted her head high then she walked away, her heels clicked against the floor.

"You showed that lady," Mary chuckled.

Mariposa slipped the denim jumpsuit off of her and she sighed, "I wanted to say so much worse but I'd be wrong especially if I want to uplift others. She's a woman at the end of the day and she's still at a disadvantage when it comes to society," Mariposa explained as she slipped on her t-shirt and jeans.

Mariposa slipped on her Keds and walked out of the dressing room, she adjusted her hair and grabbed the clothes she tried on. "Let's get out of here before I forget all of my values," Mariposa remarked and Mary laughed as she grabbed their bags.