🎀 Chapter 5 🎀

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ______________ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

You walked out of Dr. Kim's office. His words roaming around your head as you proceeded to walk to your own office. Taehyung's call was long forgotten and all you can recall is the harshness in Dr. Kim's voice.

"Do you see yourself getting married to my son someday?"

His question was continuously running in your head. Are you seeing a future with Taehyung? Ofcourse. Is Taehyung seeing a future with you? Doubtful.

He still hasn't said a word to you regarding the meeting in the grocery store. He's avoided you for the past 2 weeks and you have no idea of knowing what's happening in his head. The two weeks where he cancelled all of his shared appointments with you, or he changed the duty schedules which both of you used to have together.

He's changed teams and even managed to alternate his free time with yours to avoid any encounter with you. You have tried everything in your power to get to him, to talk to him but it was all fruitless. You were hopeless.

Meeting his father was a turning point for you actually. You finally accepted your feelings for him, determined to play into what you've been thinking for the past months you and Taehyung were together. While walking out, you were 100% sure you'd find a way to talk to him, to get him to listen to you, beg him to forgive you and love you but now, your steps are faltering.

Why? Because he's here.

Taehyung is on the 4th floor. The same floor as his father's office. He has just arrived it seemed because he's hugging and panting. He ran here. He's right in front of you. Hands on his knees, eyes peeling out of his dishevelled hair.

You don't know what to do with your hands and fingers anymore. They're clutching your phone, and playing with your ring all at the same time.

He walked to you and stood right in front of you. "Can we talk?" His voice is unsteady as he says this. You nodded, too lost to use your vocabulary to form useful sentences.

He gestured to you to come along. He walked towards the elevator. You thought you'd walk outside or somewhere private but the elevator dinged on the 2nd floor. That's where Taehyung's small office was.

"Come in please," he said, holding the door. You entered and sat down on the chair rounding the small table. Instead of walking around and taking the seat, he sat down beside you.

"What do you want to talk about?" You asked. What could probably be so urgent he dragged you into his office after ignoring you for 2 weeks straight.

"How have you been?" He simply asked, his eyes not meeting yours. You answered in a nod too scared to actually use words. His head was hung low the next moment.

"Why did my dad call you?" He asked next. He asked a few other doctors if they were in the meeting as well and they were clueless. It didn't take him long to assume the meeting was only meant for you.

"He found out about us," you answered. He looked shocked. "What?" Wide eyed, he asked.

"He wanted to talk about it. Wanted to ask what my intentions are" you spoke in a low voice. He took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry YN" you looked up at the sudden apology. "I'm sorry you had to go through all of this because of me. I know my father can be so intimidating sometimes. He tends to horrify others" he added.

"I wasn't horrified," you said. "I haven't done anything wrong. Other than not telling the truth, I never did anything wrong. I had no reason to be scared" you looked deep into his eyes. A new confidence in your eyes.