Chapter 1: The Elite Guardsman

You must protect our people.

"Uggghhhhh."

Firely moaned lightly and sat up, her head pounding. Reaching up to touch it, Firefly's fingers brushed over dried blood and she frowned.

How long was she unconscious?

As she looked around at her metal surroundings, another question came to mind. Where was she?

Firefly stood up and the ground trembled. Her hands flew out to steady herself and she looked down. The metal beneath her was bright green. Sentient.

Glancing over the ledge, Firefly frowned and then jumped off of the cybertronian body she'd been on. She looked back up and examined the bot.

Terminated.

"This must be a Decepticon brig." Firefly muttered, noticing the chains on the Autobot's body. She gave the bot a small nod of appreciation for protecting her from whatever the heck happened and then turned away.

The brig seemed mostly empty, other than her terminated friend and a white Autobot, who was very much awake, but not paying any attention. He was too busy trying to yank off the cuffs around his wrists.

Firefly pulled her wrist up to her face to check which language she was speaking. Cybertronian text appeared and she looked away.

"Having a bad day?" She asked, walking toward the young mech.

His head snapped up and he looked around, optics wide. She gave a small wave to catch his attention and he furrowed his brows at her.

"What are you?"

"I'm from Zenthara." She explained. "The planet with four suns."

"We're that far from Cybertron already?" Smokescreen grimaced. "I'm so scrapped."

Firefly pulled a sword from the sheath at her waist and aimed it at his restraints. It glowed brightly before a red blast exploded from the tip, flying across the air until it melted right through his cuff.

"Woah!" The Autobot yanked his servo toward his chassis. "Are you trying to get me killed!?"

"I have good aim."

He glared.

"If you'd rather hang in your enemies' ship, that's fine by me." Firefly gestured to the other bot. "That didn't work out so well for him."

He huffed. "Fine."

Firefly nodded and quickly shot off the other cuff. He landing on the ground, causing Firefly to stumble slightly before returning her sword to it's place.

"I'm Smokescreen, by the way." He grinned.

"From Cybertron." Firefly nodded, looking up at him. "How exactly did you get caught?"

"Guarding Alpha Trion." Smokescreen frowned. "The 'cons attacked. I never even got the chance to fight. Someone knocked me out from behind."

He glanced toward the exit. "How did you get here?"

"Fighting a battle on my planet. The mech over there must have grabbed me after I went down and then got himself captured. If the Decepticons knew I was aboard, they'd have killed me already." Firefly explained.

"Zenthara got caught up in the war too?" Smokescreen tilted his head in confusion. "There's no energon on Zenthara, why would they fight there?"

"We were harboring Autobots."

Smokescreen went 'oh' and looked away.

"As much as I'd love to chat, we need to escape." Firefly put her hand on the hilt of her sword. "There is bound to be a patrol sooner or later."