Chapter 17: The Hang of Things

Firefly wouldn't deny that she enjoyed listening to the kids, mostly Miko, talk about everything that had happened in her absence. They also added a few other stories about their adventures, which were, still, mostly Miko, although a nice chunk of her stories included Bulkhead.

But it wasn't until the other bots returned that Firefly really relaxed.

Two unfamiliar cars drove into the base and Firefly looked over, her eyebrows going up, "So that's Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus?"

"Uh, no, actual." Raf smiled, "That's Bumblebee and Smokescreen. They reversed their colors."

"Oh."

The two bots transformed, and if Raf hadn't of explained it, Firefly would have recognized them anyway. Bumblebee spotted her first and pointed over.

"Firefly!" Smokescreen ran over with a grin, "You're looking... exactly the same. Minus the hand."

She frowned, and Bumblebee quickly punched the rookie in the shoulder.

"Bro!"

Smokescreen rolled his optics, "No, that was a compliment! You're totally gonna rock the one-handed thing, just like Bumblebee and his signature broken voicebox."

"Wow." Jack facepalmed as Bumblebee started to smack Smokescreen repeatedly, beeping out minor insults and the like.

Raf started laughing, "You get him, Bee!"

"What did I do!?" Smokescreen demanded, cowering and running to Ratchet for cover, but the medic held up a wrench and warded the two of them off.

Bumblebee continued to beat him, while Miko shouted at Smokescreen to stop being a coward and fight back. Smokescreen retorted that he wouldn't attack a cripple, which caused Bumblebee to tackle him.

The two of them rolled around for a while before Ratchet opened the groundbridge, prompting them to immediately freeze. A blue truck drove in and Firefly sat up.

"Optimus reversed his colors too?" She frowned, wondering how she managed to miss that last night.

"Nope, that's Ultra Magnus." Jack explained, "But he refers being called, 'sir'."

A white car and Arcee followed him into the center of the room and transformed. Magnus sat something down off to the side and Firefly examined him.

She rubbed her chin, "I suppose his shoulders are a bit taller."

"Ooh, don't mention that." Miko grimaced, "He'll threaten you. And it's not a joke."

"How do you know that?" Raf asked.

Miko shivered, "You don't wanna know."

"Ah, so this is the pipsqueak from Zenthara." The white one said as he walked over, "I'm Wheeljack."

"Firefly." She smiled.

Wheeljack turned around, "Hey, grumpy pants! You going to say hi or should I do it for you?"

Ultra Magnus scowled and walked over, "I would not entrust you with such a difficult task."

The white wrecker rolled his optics humorously as Magnus turned his attention to Firefly.

"Has Ratchet released you from the med bay and cleared you for field work?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"Ye–"

"Not yet!" Ratchet yelled from across the room.

Magnus crossed his arms, "So you're one of those?"

"One of whats?"