Chapter 6: Call Me Optimus

Jack smiled weakly at Smokescreen before disappearing into a groundbridge. The moment is was closed, Arcee turned toward Firefly and Smokescreen, her optics aflame.

"I cannot believe you two." She marched forward angrily, "Not only did you bring a human onto a battlefield, but Megatron was there!"

Firefly scowled. In her defense, she didn't even knew that the guy was Megatron. Nor did she expect Jack to stick around after they engaged the enemy.

But these excuses brought up another important issue. Firefly clearly still did not know enough about humans or the Decepticons on Earth. Whether or not Firefly meant to put Jack in danger, the damage was done.

Arcee had every reason to be furious.

Firefly waited until the woman was done yelling at them, but before she could say anything, Smokescreen threw a tantrum and argued with her and Optimus before leaving the building. Finally, the femme fixed her gaze on Firefly.

"You're right." Firefly told her. "The mistake will not be repeated."

Arcee opened her mouth to argue back, but then she realized Firefly wasn't defending herself. With a small sigh, Arcee backed off.

"You better hope it isn't."

Firefly nodded and watched as Arcee stalked off to her berthroom to fume alone. But before she had the chance to leave, the Star Sabre began to glow.

"Optimus?" Ratchet turned his attention to the Prime, along with everyone else, as Optimus's optics zoned in on the brightly shining blade.

Firefly felt a small tug and then the room began to shift and change. Her surroundings melted away, replaced by a great darkness and a glowing blue Autobot face. Optimus stood in front of her, looking at the looking mech before them.

"I wish that I could greet you under better circumstances Optimus Prime. But I fear that Iacon will not withstand the next Decepticon assault." The mech stated, looking at Optimus.

"So you speak to me, from across the ages?" Optimus questioned.

"If you are listening to this message, then I take solace that you now possess the star saber. I am certain that you have deduced how these Cybertronian relics and Decepticon weapons found their way to such a remote world. Indeed I transported them there. Not so much to keep them from Megatron's hands, but to ensure that they reach yours." The old bot said seriously.

"I understand."

"As you may have long suspected, the covenant of Primes records events of the future, as well as the past. My imperfect understanding of it's workings affords me a glimpse of what is to come. The covenant's pages foretold that you, Optimus Prime, would journey to this small but significant planet and there, engage in a crucial chapter in the war against the Decepticons. I know neither the nature of the battle, nor it's outcome. I only hope that these relics will aid the Autobots in your time of need. In a few moments, I will launch the last of relics. The most significant and powerful of them all." The mech explained.

Suddenly, Firefly's surroundings reappeared and the mech was gone. She stumbled slightly and noticed that her sword was on fire. Quickly, she extinguished it and put it back into it's sheath. She didn't even remember summoning it.

Looking around, Firefly saw Optimus kneeling, the other Autobots holding his shoulders and helping him up.

"Easy Optimus." Ratchet said as the Prime stood.

Bulkhead stepped forward, "What was the message?"

"Alpha Trion told us that is paramount that we recover the final four Iacon relics, which are known as the Omega Keys." Optimus told them.