Chapter 19: You, My Vendetta

Megatron turned away from his position at the monitors, where he had been conversing with Soundwave, as the doors to the bridge were thrown open.

"Lord Megatron!" Starscream screamed, "There is a human aboard the ship and he is attacking the vehicons!"

Megatron frowned, "Did the vehicons attack him first?"

Starscream sputtered, "Well, yes, but–"

The warlord rolled his optics and activated the comms, contacting everyone on the ship, "All attacks on our guest are to be halted immediately. Do no defend yourselves. Lead him to the bridge."

Starscream, taken aback, blinked rapidly, "Lord Megatron, what is going on?"

Megatron sneered, "You dare question my decisions?"

"Uh, no, no, no!" Starscream's wings fluttered nervously, "I'm just confused about, generally, what is going on."

"Then stay quiet and figure it out." Megatron snapped.

The warlord walked forward, leaving Starscream and Soundwave together. The former turned and looked at the third in command.

"Did you know about this?" Starscream asked.

Soundwave only stared.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." The seeker muttered bitterly.

The doors were opened again by two vehicons and a small figure, cloaked in black robes, walked forward calmly, a few drops of energon on his clothes.

"I apologize for the welcome committee." Megatron smirked, "We weren't expecting you so soon."

"I tend to rush when it comes to matters of great importance." Dærkishman smiled, "I'm sure you understand."

Megatron hummed, "No, I don't."

The warlord turned away, folding his servos behind his back, "I understand that our deal was completed already, so my question to you, is why have you come back?"

"Firefly is gone." The man stated, "And I require your assistance."

"I brought her to Zenthara for you," Megatron lied, "so I fail to see why it is my concern that she managed to escape you."

Dærkishman frowned, "Because she is back on Earth, and if you don't help me, she will tip the scales in favor of the Autobots."

"If you don't recall, I had been dealing with her just fine when she was here last." Megatron replied.

"Yes..." Dærkishman mused, "I suppose you did."

The dark man waved his hand, "But it isn't in my interests to play fair, so either you help me, or the Decepticon reinforcements who left Zenthara will never arrive here."

Megatron paused, and turned to look at the man, "Is that a threat?"

"No."

Suddenly the shadows in the ship grew and solidified, rushing forth and grabbing ahold of Soundwave. The third in command made no sound as they squeezed his frame, but the sound of warping metal was heard.

Megatron snarled, pointing his blaster at Dærkishman, "Release him now, or I will reduce you to a stain on my floor."

"That might be a little difficult." Dærkishman melted, fading into the shadows. His chuckles echoed around the room. "If you want dear Soundwave to live, I suggest you do as I say."

Megatron sneered, but Soundwave was the only competent bot on this entire ship. He also controlled most of the ship.

"Fine." Megatron growled, "Release him and I will."