Welcome (angst + fluff)

Y/N POV:

I'm meekly walking behind C/N and (C/N's friend) like a lost puppy while they talk and head to a restaurant for some kind of surprise (C/N's friend) organized for my arrival.

"Come on, (C/N's friend). Just a hint? Please?"

"Noooo! I don't wanna ruin the surprise."

"Okay fine. I guess I'll wait."

I giggle a bit to myself and think of a question for (C/N's friend).

"Hey (C/N's friend), is this place very fancy? I wanna make sure I don't look crazy when I walk in."

(C/N's friend) just looks me up and down with the same familiar, cold and half-hearted expression, with their tone matching their face.

"You'll be fine."

(C/N's friend) promptly turns back around to talk to C/N again, putting on the same happy, sociable act as before.

"Anyway, I remember you telling me all about how much you liked this place. A few months ago, I booked a reservation for us for this place. And that reservation is for today."

"Why so far in advance, (C/N's friend)?"

"Well, C/N, this place is super popular. You'll understand when we get there. It's right around the corner."

"Wait, this is for Y/N, so why are you so excited for my reaction?"

(C/N's friend) seems to panic for a second but then realizes where we are.

"Oh, we're here."

I look up at the building wide-eyed. C/N seems to have the same thought process as me.

"Oh my god, no wonder you had to book it months in advance. This place looks expensive."

"Mhm! Let's go in."

I figure (C/N's friend) will try to 'forget' me out here, so I follow close behind. Once we enter the doors, a rush of cool air hits us and a waiter is at the doors.

"(C/N's friend's last name)?"

"Yes."

"How many?"

(C/N's friend) goes to speak but C/N cuts in.

"Wait, Y/N c'mere. I don't wanna forget you."

C/N pulls me closer to them by my hand.

We're really close.

I slightly shake my head to try and get rid of the thoughts and focus on what's going on.

"So, 3?"

"That's correct sir. There's 3 of us."

C/N seems to give a slight side-eye look to (C/N's friend) as he's talking, but I can't be too sure.

"Okay, right this way."

The waiter guides us to a circular booth with a table in the middle of it, handing us 3 menus.

"Any drinks to start?"

(C/N's friend) immediately jumps in first to order.

"I'll have a raspberry lemonade please."

I get a confused look on my face and look to (C/N's friend).

"But didn't you just say yesterday that—"

"Shhhh I'm ordering, Y/N."

I sigh to myself and just look at the menu.