Chapter 2

The Vampire Diaries
Season 2: Episode 8
Rose

Those that surrounded Artemis looked at her like she was crazy. She had just let herself get caught. The grip Remus had on her hand got impossibly tighter before she turned to him and gave a small smile of reassurance. They were broken out of their moment though when James and Sirius jumped on Artemis. Wailing they said, "Arty you're too young to die!" "You can't do this to us Arty!" Rolling her eyes Artemis just holds the two giant babies.

Over Sirius' shoulder Klaus had caught her eye. He mouthed, "Too young?" with a teasing smirk. The only reaction she could give without completely exposing herself was a middle finger raised behind Sirius' back. Klaus laughed in response but said nothing. The other Originals were stunned at their brother's reaction. They hadn't seen a genuine laugh from him in what could have been centuries.

The screen turned on when the everyone in the hall had quieted down.

The first thing to be seen is an SUV pulling off of the main road onto a gravel area near a farm. There is already another smaller car there waiting. A man steps out of the smaller car and the driver of the SUV rolls down his window so that only his sunglasses' covered eyes are shown. The first thing he says is, "Where is she?" "In the trunk. I did exactly what you said." He hesitates slightly and the other man notices. "What aren't you telling me?" Looking down the man standing outside says, "There was another girl. I had to take her too." The man in the SUV sighs but nods his head in acceptance. "Good. Put them in the back." Soon enough Elena and Artemis are both in the back of the SUV. The man with sunglasses says, "Thank you for your help." "Is there anything else I can do?"

Artemis snorts to herself which Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter all catch because they are basically dogpiled at this point. They turn to her with expectant expressions that she sighs at. She bit her lip trying to figure out how to word what she wanted to say. Coming to a conclusion she said, "You all are probably not going to like what comes next. However, I ask that you keep an open mind until you know all the facts." Three boys nodded their heads with confused looks on their faces while Remus had to hide his realization.

"One more thing. Come closer, please." The man takes the necessary steps as the window is rolled down fully. Suddenly, the man has his neck viciously torn into and drank from until he dies and falls to the ground. The SUV is then driven off as if the whole interaction didn't even happen.

There had been screams and cries all across the hall. The only ones not reacting were those that were supernatural themselves or already in the know. Even then some, Elena, had scared looks on their faces.

Turning to their friend with wide eyes James and Sirius both ask, "What the bloody hell was that?" Pointing at the screen she says, "That, my friends, was a vampire." Murmurs broke out around the hall. It was something that they didn't want to believe. However, they were instantly persuaded when they remembered that the Original family was quite literally sitting right in front of them.

The scene changes to an abandoned mansion seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

Artemis and Elena, presumably still passed out, are both brought inside and laid down on a couch. They both have their hands and feet tied with ropes as well.

Elena starts to stir as the man takes off a hat along with the sunglasses he has worn this whole time.

At the same time Elijah and Klaus say, "Trevor?" Their siblings look at them with questioning gazes, so Elijah answered with a shortened version of the story. "We knew Trevor and his friend Rose-Marie centuries ago. Everything was perfectly fine until Trevor helped Katerina escape Klaus. Rose-Marie was loyal to her friend and went with him."