Chapter 3

The Vampire Diaries
Season 2: Episodes 8 & 9
Rose
&
Katerina

The hall was silent for a few seconds before Kol spoke up. He turned to face Artemis as he said, "I don't mean any offense when I say this, but if you are offended, I don't really care. How the hell did you pull that stake out and lift Elijah to the floor so easily?" Again, Artemis noticed all of the eyes on her. She wasn't offended by Kol's question, if anything it made sense that he asked, but she did smirk slightly as she responded. "I know you've been boxed up for about a century, but there's this thing that's been around much longer called exercise that can help people get stronger." Kol looked like he was about to launch at the woman from his seat by the angered expression on his face.

Rebekah held her brother down before he could do anything too violent. Klaus had to hold himself back from laughing which Artemis caught and smiled at.

Remus understood the meaning behind Artemis' jab at Kol and withheld a smile as he shook his head and fondly rolled his eyes. James, who had his arms wrapped around her waist and head resting on her stomach, Sirius, who was leaned into her right side, and Peter, who was laid down with his head resting on her right hip, all turned with confused faces. Artemis shook her head in denial before saying, "I'm sure it will come up at some point. We can talk about it then." They all pouted before turning back to their previous positions.

The screen turned on after everyone settled back in their seats.

Stefan could be seen in the Salvatore boarding house fixing himself a drink from the mini bar behind the couch in the living room. Out of nowhere there is a whoosh of air like a vampire just ran by. He sets his glass down and looks around cautiously as another whoosh of air passes. He speeds over to a nearby table and grabs a wooden stake. As he turns around, stake in hand, he asks, "Who's there?" He waits a couple seconds before Rose comes out from behind a doorway. She walks into the room saying, "I'm not here to hurt you." Keeping a watchful eye on her Stefan says, "Why are you here?" Rose avoids his question. "Lexi once told me you were one of the good ones." "You knew Lexi." "Trevor was my best friend. For 500 years I have lived with one person. And he's gone. And I don't wanna run anymore because I don't have anywhere else to run to."

Sirius whispers from his spot with his head on Artemis' shoulder, "Didn't that Elijah guy say she was pardoned? She's talking about running, but she doesn't have to." Artemis nodded in agreement as she ran a hand through his shoulder length hair. "I know, Siri, but vampires have heightened senses and emotions. She may have known that in the back of her mind, but it probably wasn't her main focus. The only person she has constantly had through her long lifetime is now dead. The shock and devastation must be clouding her thoughts."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't help you." "I don't need your help. But I think you need mine." Stefan had furrowed brows but didn't say anything which prompted Rose to continue. "Elijah may be dead, but this isn't over." "What do you mean it's not over?" "It isn't over. The Originals, they'll come for her. They have to. They're doing it for him." Only looking more confused, and slightly concerned, Stefan asks, "For who?" "Klaus."

The screen faded out and was about to change scenes when Artemis and Kol burst out laughing. People watched them very confused at what they were laughing about. That was until they both realized who was laughing and immediately stopped to stare at one another. Klaus didn't exactly feel like intervening, but he did it anyway. With slight anger in his eyes, since they had been laughing about him, he said, "Oh stop staring at each other. 'Misia, he doesn't know anything about you. Kol, she could kill you and make it hurt like you've just been tossed into the sun."