Chapter 3

A/N
!TW! - suicide

This chapter might have content that could trigger someone, and although it's not super prominent, it is implied. So I felt I should mention it. 

Have a good read! ^ o^

"Error404 speaking"

"Error/Nightmare speaking"

"Anyone else speaking"

Thinking is the same just without any quotations ^^ 

~START~

(3rd person POV)

It was quiet in the Anti-void, Error wasn't sure why. This was the first time it had ever been so silent. 

The Anti-void was always full of vicious voices, mocking him, telling him to destroy, and that he shouldn't exist. He had once wondered where all the voices came from, but not long ago he learned his creator, Fate, sent them. The voices made him question why he should exist, couldn't Fate just destroy unnecessary AUs with the snap of her fingers? He sighed. There was no one who would, or could, answer his questions. Error knew this, but that only created more questions. Why did it seem like he was the only one who was aware of Fate? Why did people assume he was lying when he told them about the balance?

Error closed his eyesockets, forcing himself to stop thinking about his unanswered questions. He just wanted to rest, and maybe retire. He lay there unmoving, a sour expression planted on his face. 

It was peaceful without the voices. Error finally felt like he could relax, although he knew the opposite was true. He understood that the multiverse would destroy itself if he continued doing nothing. But he was so tired, and he was able to have some peace.

But that peace was soon broken by an unbearable pain in his soul, Ink had created another AU.

Error knew he should get up, no, he had to get up. He refused to leave the multiverse to just- die. He didn't want that. He had people he cared about, and he knew that Ink didn't deserve death. Ink just did what he thought was correct. In his eyes, Error was an unhinged destroyer who refused to spare the innocent lives in all the AUs. 

Error slowly sat up, lifting his hands to his eyes and pulling out some strings. Using his strings, Error forced himself to stand up. He ignored the pain in his ribs, lifted one of his arms, and ripped open a portal to the AU Ink had just made. 

Error always tried to destroy universes that hadn't yet established themselves in the multiverse. He didn't want to kill anyone, but he didn't have much of a choice here. It was either kill an AU with a long history, or no history. Error preferred to destroy the latter. 

He sighed, stepping through the portal with a dark expression. He would usually be greeted by the place where the human first falls, but of course, there were exceptions. Like Overtale. But as Error glanced around the AU he soon realized that this place was in no way a normal AU. He heard hundreds of voices speaking over each other, most full of anger or other negative emotions.

Error looked around, his eyesockets empty. Error smiled, "W0w, sQ1-id. D1d y0u reALLy mak3 a PArty ju2t f0R me? I'm t0UchEd." He said sarcastically, earning himself a glare from Ink. All the others gathered in the AU went silent, waiting for Ink's response, "You've destroyed AUs for too long, Error. Your reign of terror ends now!" He announced, readying himself to attack, "Br1nG 1t 0N you STUP1d g1itCH!" Error yelled, laughing manically.

Error pulled strings from his eyesockets, and threw them at Ink. In response, Ink lifted his paintbrush and blocked the attack with a wall of paint. Error dodged a sudden gaster blaster, followed by a bone attack, and was struck by Ink's paint as he did. Error quickly studied himself quickly, dodging another bone attack from a swap Papyrus. Error used his strings and subdued the papyrus that had just attacked him, "AH-HAH@HAhhahHAH-a-a-a-HAHAH! IS TH1S AlL y-y-y-y-ou GOT [[SQUID]]?" Error laughed, deflecting an attack from a Swapfell Sans and dodging Ink's paint, "Of course not!" Ink responded, running into Error and hitting him with Broomy.