Chapter 8

Nightmare was worried. Error was missing, and had been since Ink last attacked, but he wasn't able to look for him due to the... situation.

He sighed, too much was happening all at once. First, Dream, and now Error. Nightmare wasn't sure how much more he could take. He tried to distract himself by stacking and organizing the mass amount of paperwork on his desk, yet it continued to constantly weigh on his mind. He had sent Dust out to look for Error, but with how huge the multiverse was, he was fully aware it was very unlikely that Dust would find him.

Nightmare rested his head on his hands and rubbed his temples, his tentacles swayed slightly with worry and annoyance, "I can't keep staying up here, I just can't." He said to nobody in particular. He set down the paper he was holding and put his pen into a drawer in his desk.

Nightmare spun his chair around and stood up, taking a look out of the window, his main source of light for his office. The scene was, as always, dull and dreary. Sighing again, he left the room and walked down the long hall leading to the main staircase. He walked down the steps and rushed to the kitchen, making himself coffee.

"Hey, boss... alright?" Nightmare flinched at the sudden voice, "Ah, yes. I'm perfectly fine, Horror." Nightmare put a small smile on his face to assure Horror that he was OK. Although Horror still seemed a little bit suspicious, He gave a small nod and opened the fridge.

Nightmare poured his coffee into his second favorite mug (Killer broke his favorite) and left Horror in the kitchen, walking down the dimly lit hallway which led to the living room.

He took a sip of his coffee and lifted his phone, which had started ringing. It was Dust. Nightmare set his coffee down and answered his phone, "Have you found anything?" He asked, getting straight to the point. He heard a bit of shuffling from the other side of the phone, "Uh, yes-" "Where are you? Is Error there? Is he alright" "-But promise you won't be mad." Dust finished.

Nightmare, using one of his tentacles, grabbed his coffee and took a sip of it, "Boss, are you alright? I get we're all worried about him, but... You don't sound all that good right now is all. I'm saying." Dust asked from the other line. Nightmare stopped for a moment, "Yes. I'm fine. Of course, it's all okay. What did you find?" He responded, "You won't get mad?" Dust asked again. Nightmare twitched a bit before finally saying, "I won't get mad."

Shuffling could once again be heard, "Well, I snuck into the S.T.A.R. headquarters-" "YOU WHAT?!" "-You just got mad, you lied." Dust remarked with a sour tone.

Nightmare sat down and rubbed the bridge of his nose bone, "...Just... Continue." He commanded, "Yes, ok. Well, I snuck in and overheard a meeting they were having." Dust began, pausing to see if Nightmare would say anything, "The meeting was about some new guy to the multiverse, no one knew his name, well, other than Ink apparently. But he refused to tell anyone." Dust continued, "This new guy saved Error from the void and-" "ERROR FELL INTO THE VOID?" Nightmare exclaimed, jumping up from his spot on the couch.

Horror popped his head into the room, "Whaz... Going on?" He asked slowly. Nightmare covered his phone before responding, "Just... News about Error." Horror nodded and then left the room, happy with the simple response.

"Was that Horror?" Dust asked, "Yes." "Tell him I say hi." "I'm not going to do that." Silence filled the call. Dust inhaled like he was about to start a sentence, but was interrupted by a voice. Running could be heard from the phone, "Alright-I-have-to-go-now-I'll-explain-more-when-I-get-back-bye!" Dust said quickly, hanging up right after.

Nightmare looked at the phone, eyesockets empty. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. Dust would probably come home injured, but Nightmare was fairly certain they had used up all the medical supplies after the last fight they had with Ink and Swap.