Village Fun

"I never knew where I came from but I always knew where I belonged." Mowgli says as Alexis and Shanti are watching him tell Ranjan and others his story about being in the jungle.

"You stay away from Mowgli you mean old tiger. Or I'll tie some fire to your tail and burn your butt!" Ranjan shouts angrily as he then tears the sheet Mowgli was using and acts fierce until Mowgli lifts the sheet.

"Ranjan!" A woman says as she laughs with the others.

"I got him Mowgli! Did you see? I got him." Ranjan says.

"You sure did Ranjan but it's gonna be kind of hard to finish the story now." Mowgli says.

"But we all know how it ends. Alexis blinks her big beautiful purple eyes at you and you followed her and Shanti into our village." Ranjan says.

"I did not." Alexis says as she gives Ranjan a slightly annoyed looking before notice Mowgli looking at her and looks away blushing.

"Now, now. We give thanks for Alexis's beautiful purple eyes. Without them Mowgli would never have found his way into our lives. Come to think of it you used the same trick on me." A man says as he goes over to the woman.

"And you still fall for it. Thank you for a wonderful story Mowgli. Come girls. It is bedtime." The woman says as she begins to walk off with Alexis and Shanti.

"Good night Mowgli." Alexis says as she smiles at Mowgli.

"Night Alexis, Shanti. Watch out for Shere Khan on your way home." Mowgli says as Alexis and Shanti stop and look at him.

"You and your stories. Everyone knows tigers don't come into the village." Shanti says.

"Tigers go wherever they want!" Ranjan says as he acts like a tiger.

"Good night boys." Alexis and Shanti's mother says as Alexis and Shanti leave with her.

*Timeskip*

"It's so peaceful out here this morning." Alexis says as she and Shanti are fetching water in a vase.

"I know. Alexis you really ought to be careful changing like that in daylight." Shanti says as she sees Alexis shift to wolf form and drink from the stream.

"I can't help it Shanti. I rarely get to let my wolf side out." Alexis says.

"Yes and only me and our mother know about you and your past. Please be more careful. You don't know how the village will react." Shanti says as Alexis sighs.

"Fine." Alexis says as she shifts back to human form before she and Shanti get startled by Mowgli.

"Hey Alexis, Shanti. What are you doing here?" Mowgli says as he is hanging from a branch.

"Getting water." Shanti says.

"What are you doing here?" Alexis asks curiously.

"I'm on the lookout for danger." Mowgli says.

"Danger? Please. There's no danger around here." Shanti says in disbelief.

"Well keep this just between us? Yesterday I saw tiger tracks." Mowgli says.

"Tiger tracks?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Right. It's Shere Khan. I hear he's looking for me. Seeking his bloodthirsty revenge. So keep your ears open and always watch your back or the last thing you'll ever hear is... When does the tiger roar?" Mowgli asks before Ranjan comes out of nowhere roaring scaring Alexis and Shanti.

"Ugh! Mowgli, Ranjan!" Alexis says angrily.

"You're horrible! Come on Ranjan. He's a bad influence." Shanti says as she takes Ranjan by the hand and begins to walk off with Alexis.

*Timeskip*

"Now don't move." Shanti says as she wipes off some mud on Ranjan's face.

"That wasn't very nice you know. You shouldn't scare people like that." Alexis says as she and Shanti begin to pick fruit from a tree alongside other kids as Ranjan roars.

"Stop that. You're not a jungle boy." Shanti says annoyedly.

"She's right Ranjan. That isn't funny." Alexis says.

"Why are you so scared of the jungle?" Ranjan asks.

"Because it's dangerous." Shanti says.

"It... should be avoided for many reasons." Alexis says.

"Dangerous? But Mowgli says..." Ranjan says.

"You shouldn't listen to everything Mowgli says." Shanti says.

"Listen Ranjan he might have come from the jungle but that doesn't mean you have to listen to his every word. Not everything is fun and games." Alexis says.

"But I thought you liked Mowgli." Ranjan says.

"Well I do. I like Mowgli. But I..." Alexis says before she sees Mowgli come up with her vase.

"You left this at the river." Mowgli says kindly as Alexis takes her vase from him.

"Thank you." Alexis says as she goes back to picking fruit.

"They're in a bad mood." Ranjan says.

"Hey Ranjan you want to see a little trick I learned in the jungle?" Mowgli asks as he does a trick with a banana.

"That's a pretty good trick." Ranjan says as Alexis chuckles at Mowgli and playfully rolls her eyes causing him to blush.

"Well here's a little trick I learned right here at home." Shanti says as she does a fancier trick than what Mowgli did.

"That's a neater trick." Ranjan says happily.

"Like we said Ranjan don't listen to him." Shanti says as she smiles.

"She's right Ranjan don't listen to me. Listen to the jungle. Can you hear it?" Mowgli asks as he goes over to Ranjan as Alexis and Shanti watch him.

"Yeah. The jungle." Ranjan says happily as he smiles as Alexis and Shanti look around.

"Yeah man!" Mowgli says as he begins singing causing all the kids except for Alexis and Shanti to begin following him before Alexis and Shanti join in only to stop upon seeing Mowgli is leading everyone towards the jungle across the river.

"Oh no! Mowgli stop!" Alexis shouts.

"Wait, wait, stop. You're crossing the river. Mowgli you can't go in the jungle! It's too dangerous! Mowgli! Stop!" Shanti shouts as Mowgli and the other kids stop.

"Shanti, Alexis what is it? Children come inside this instant all of you! Mowgli! That includes you! I am very disappointed in you. You put everyone in danger. You know that you're not allowed to cross the river and yet you deliberately disobeyed me." Mowgli's father says as he comes over angrily as the kids go back inside except for Mowgli, Alexis and Shanti.

"But I..." Mowgli says.

"No Mowgli. The jungle is a dangerous place. I should know. You are confined to your room without dinner. That should give you plenty of time to think about what you've done." Mowgli's father says as he shows Mowgli a scar on his arm.

"Mowgli we were only trying to..." Alexis says sadly as Mowgli gives her and Shanti an angry look before the group goes back into the village.

"We did the right thing Alexis." Shanti says as Alexis looks at her sadly.