Chapter 7: Prelude to warfare

https://discord.gg/tjjWqjv7AF

=========================

Central Calendar February 15th, 1639

Some bar, near Port Esthirant,  Esthirant, Empire of Parpaldia

Port Esthirant is one of the busiest ports in Othrys. It was the largest and busiest port in the eastern parts of the world. Almost all goods entering and exiting the east goes through Port Esthirant. Hence, ships from all parts of the world, be it some gigantic freighter from the Holy Milishial Empire, or some rickety smaller cargo ship from up north, all can be seen in this port. To see foreign merchants in Esthirant isn't exactly something surprising. This bar is no different. Due to its proximity to the port, it was frequented by merchants from all across the world.

<<We are receiving reports that both sides are mobilising their troops. Currently, neither side has offered any terms. It seems war is all but inevitable,>> a news report can be heard.

"What the fuck…Louria is going to war with both Qua-Toyne and Quila at the same time? That's…bold," a merchant said.

"'They might actually win as well…Louria is far more populated than those two and has a large military size. They are far more industrialized as well. The Lourians would be in Myhark by the end of the week they started the war,'" another merchant said.

"Fucks sake, it's not a numbers game, and any side going on the offensive will suffer horrendous casualties," the first merchant said. "I don't even know why they sent that strongly-worded letter out, both Qua-Toyne and Quila are protected by the Empire of Parpaldia. Going in sounds like suicide to me, so I think this will be a bluff that would be resolved last minute."

"'You seriously think Parpaldia is going to interfere? Their economic situation is truly not the best at the moment,'" the second merchant said. "'Their recent budget cuts might be a hindrance.'"

"Qua-Toyne and Quila are part of their sphere. Parpaldia not doing anything would result in serious issues within the sphere. Having Louria, some outsider not part of the Parpaldian sphere, causing so many issues would destabilize the entire Parpaldian sphere of influence. It would make the Parpaldian market situation worse, especially in the long run. They have to intervene," the first merchant said.

"'Yeah, in that case, Louria is totally fucked.'" the second merchant said. "Unless some other nation backs them."

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Office of the Prime Minister, Putrajaya, Malaysia

Prime Minister Azmin almost flipped out as he watched the president of PAS (Malaysian Islamic Party) give a press conference. In said conference, the man had denounced most of the nations in Othrys, saying that they are satan-controlled nations which practice witchcraft. While the Prime Minister himself had some prejudices against the use of magic himself, now is really not a good time. With the Malaysian economy as fragile as it is, he would've expected that the man to have restraint, especially when they're now relying on food imports from Parpaldia to stay afloat.

Have some common sense you fucking dumb old man! The prime minister thought. Now's not the time to scream that kind of shit. 

There was knocking on the front door. It was the Defense Minister, Abdul Rashid. He arrived earlier than expected. The defense minister greeted the prime minister. He then took a seat after the prime minister invited him to do so.

"Prime Minister, I wish to inform you that despite KAI and ASTC's best attempts, it will be extremely hard for us to manufacture new aircraft." Abdul Rashid said. "And based on the age of our Sukhois, we might be in some trouble."