𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 .

𝘉𝘙𝘈𝘕𝘋𝘠'𝘚 𝘗𝘖𝘝

𝘔𝘈𝘠 15𝘛𝘏, 1999

𝘉𝘙𝘈𝘕𝘋𝘠'𝘚 𝘊𝘈𝘙

_________________________

I looked over in the car at Aaliyah . Trying to focus my attention on the road without crashing . I was desperately ready to find out what was ahead of me . It's a huge day for me .

I marked off on my calendar this morning . May 15th , 1999 , Jolie Entertainments Interview . Just the sound of it sounds intimidating. But I guess I was prepared.

It's basically just an interview for what I do best . Acting , directing , producing . You know , the big shit . I've been doing this since I was 15 . Hard work and dedication got me to where I am today .

I'm finally living the LA lifestyle I've always dreamed of , and by doing what I love also . It's a win win .

" Brandy , aren't you kind of nervous . I mean , this is Angelina Jolie we're talking about here ."  Said Aaliyah . Her leg was perched up in the seat , with the other hanging down . While she sucked on a lollipop vigorously .

" So ? What am I supposed to be ? Shaking in my boots ?" I said shrugging . " Hell I would be . You see how fine she is . I wouldn't be able to focus in the interview ." She said laughing a whole little .

" She's not going to be interviewing me , one of her assistants are . Like I would be that lucky to get up that close in person with her ." I said laughing . In my dreams .

" Yea , you're not the same 14 year old girl you were trying to get into the industry . I mean look at you Brandy , you're the it girl ! You have people left and right just dying to work with you ."

" And why is that ." I asked her . " You're a natural . In talent and beauty . If you weren't my bestfriend ..."

" Don't finish that ." I told her . She snickered a little causing me to laugh with her . I've known Aaliyah for about 9 years now . We met in 5th grade after she beat up some boy in detention . I was in detention for my mouth , she was in detention for her hands .

It's like we're soulmates . As friends of course .

I finally pulled into the parking lot at Jolie Entertainment . The building was about 20 stories high . From what I was told , Ms. Jolie's room is on the top top floor . She's on floor 20 .

" It's time Bran ." Said Aaliyah looking over and smiling at me . I smiled back at her . She embraced me with a hug and I rubbed her back . " Break a leg ." She told me . I got out of my car , and my heels hit the parking lot ground . It was a lot smoother than most .

The whole companies outlook was just put together . A gorgeous building . There was a huge sign at the top of the gold exterior building . It read " J ENT " .

I straightened out my dress a little , and put my purse over my shoulder . Fixing my braids a little . I walked towards the entrance , where there was a gorgeous golden and marble fountain on each side .

The gold double doors opened as I stepped in front of them , it scanned and recoginized my face . I wonder how because I've never been inside before .