Chapter 3: Albachor

Finally, the day had arrived—the day to begin my mission.

I was on my way home from my first week of university when there was a loud crash in the distance. I jump, startled by the sound. Smoke rises from the distance and I can hear the screams of people.

A notification pops up on my phone. An akuma alert. I had downloaded the app the day I arrived in Paris. I click on the alert and open my phone to see the news station already on the scene: a villain near the Eiffel Tower. He looked like a huge humanoid bear with gold jewelry lining his wrists and neck. He had on a white tank top and black shorts, with a golden mouthguard. He was currently wreaking havoc in his immediate area.

I hide in the nearest alley and Renovva flies out to watch the footage.

"Renovva, have we seen this one before? He looks familiar," I say.

Renovva nods her little head. "Yeah, I remember seeing him in the Parisian news back home. He was some kind of wrestler that got butt-hurt on social media or something."

I snap my fingers in realization. "Kiku! He was the one who had five powers transferred to him—the time when Scarabella and Kitty Noir showed up before disappearing the next day."

The kwami nods her head again. "What do you say? Wanna go scope it out?"

I turn to her and give her a smirk. "Absolutely. You ready?"

"Just remember to stay hidden!" she squeals.

"Renovva, claws out!"

My suit falls around me: a white skintight outfit with blue lining and a slight gold shimmer. My sash belt tail wraps around my waist and my baton sets on my back. White cat ears pop up on my now white hair, as well as a white mask with blue cat eyes. A small blue zipper descends from my collar to the edge of my light gray vest. My fingers become clawed, my feet now wear golden-toed cat boots, and my ring turns white with a glowing blue paw print in the middle.

I stretch and let out a small mrrow. "Ah, it's good to be back," I purr. "Time to go check this out."

I leap out of the alley and onto a building. Smoke continues to rise from the area near the Eiffel Tower. I squint. I have to make sure nobody saw me, not even Ladybug and Chat Noir. I crouch near a chimney and open my baton to see the news.

Both of the heroes had arrived at the scene, but with Kiku having five miraculous powers, they were struggling. I growl. Of course this was the first villain I had to encounter.

I think to myself before coming up with an idea to keep myself hidden. I would have to call on my power immediately.

"Alright, here we go," I murmur. I raise my hand and exclaim, "Catalyst!"

I think in my mind what I want to create as I trigger my power. I feel a light fabric cover my entire body, including the exposed skin of my face and eyes. However, I can see though all of it. I can even see through myself.

"Whoa, trippy," I mutter. I had used my power to create a completely invisible suit that covered my entire body. I feel myself put my hands in front of my face, but even I can't see them. I grunt to myself as I imagine how hard it would be to use an invisible baton.

I begin to leap from building to building, getting close to the scene of the turmoil. When I arrive, I look down to see the heroes dodging the blows of Kiku.

They look exhausted already. The heroes were constantly moving to avoid Kiku's attacks. The field around them was viciously torn apart. Kiku laughs evilly as he continues to pummel the heroes.

I groan. It didn't seem like they were getting anywhere. Like the first appearance of Kiku, he had the turtle miraculous power activated, creating a shield around his akumatized mouthguard. I think back to how the other heroes had defeated Kiku. Then I remembered: paint.