Chapter 14: Sleep

"Nooo, I don't want to go to sleep."

"Come on, Adrien," Nino laughs. "It's late and you're really drunk."

"I'm not tired," Adrien whines, lifting his messy head of hair from the couch.

Nino scoffs. "There is no way in hell you aren't tired, dude."

The other three girls have already fallen asleep, Alya sprawled on the living room couch, Marinette curled up in a blanket on the floor, and Kagami slumped uncomfortably over the kitchen counter. The only ones up now are me, Nino, and Adrien...sort of.

"Adrien, you're falling asleep as we speak," I butt in. "Just go to bed."

His head falls back onto the couch, his face buried in the cushions as he raises a hand to flip me off.

I gasp in mock offense. "You little bitch!" I exclaim. I can hear Adrien laughing into the couch. I groan with exhaustion. "Adrien, move, I want to sleep and you're on the couch."

He rolls over onto his back, staring at me with glazed over eyes. "Go sleep in my room then. I don't want to move."

"Oh, so you are tired?" I retort.

He sits up suddenly, swaying a bit with the sudden action. "I'm not!" he slurs.

"Then go. To your. Room." I order.

"I don't know if that's a great idea at the moment," Nino adds. "I don't trust him to go upstairs right now."

"I'll take him," I sigh.

"Are you sure?" Nino asks. "You're not still drunk, are you?"

"I'm at most tipsy," I reply.

I go to grab Adrien's arms and yank him up as hard as I can. He tries to resist like an absurdly strong toddler, causing me to fall on top of him. He lets out an oof as my full body weight lands on his torso.

I sit up rapidly, using my arms as support to lift myself from Adrien. I can feel the effects of the remaining alcohol leave my body as a wave of embarrassment washes over me.

"Sorry, sorry," I stutter, scrambling to get off of him. He simply smiles up at me giddily.

I brush my clothes off to smooth the wrinkles and push back my hair with a huff. "Come on, Adrien," I mutter, pulling on his hand dejectedly. "Let's get this over with."

He continues to look up at me with a goofy smile on his face. "Okay," he finally pipes, immediately hopping up and stumbling to the stairs.

"Whoa there!" I shout, running after him as he attempts to walk up the spiral staircase. I reach him and hold onto his shoulder, making sure he doesn't fall.

"Thanks, dude!" I hear Nino call from downstairs as Adrien and I finally reach the bedroom door.

I slowly pry it open, revealing a nicely sized room with a queen-sized bed and a dresser in the corner, a charging laptop placed upon it. The left wall hosts a giant arched window that looks down on the rest of the first floor, and a small balcony sits outside.

Adrien flops down onto the bed, hugging his pillows, smiling all the while. He closes his eyes as he embraces the cushions.

"Finally," I mutter. I go to turn and head back downstairs when Adrien suddenly snatches my wrist.

"Waaait," he nags. "Stay."

I carefully pull my wrist away. "No, Adrien, I'm going to sleep, and you should, too."

"Sleep here," he murmurs, trying not to fall asleep.

I blink in surprise before I realize what he had said. I feel a bit of heat rise to my face. The one time I had shared a bed with anyone was maybe for a sleepover, and even then I would often have my own mattress.