Satanic Spells [Vmin]

Excerpt: About two boys who find an old book that deals with satanism and black magic; when they try to cast one of the spells, things go horribly wrong.

One night, a young boy named Taehyung picked up the phone and called his best friend, Jimin.

“My parents are going out tonight.” said Taehyung. “Can you come around ten o’clock?”

“That’s great,” replied Jimin. “I’ll bring the book with me. Bye!”

Taehyung put the phone down and went to his bedroom to prepare for the evening. The two boys were planning something very dangerous.

Both of them had always been interested in black magic and the occult. Only a few days before, Jimin had found something very interesting at the local rubbish dump. It was a large, heavy book, bound in leather and filled with countless pages of archaic writing.

It was not just any book. This book contained instructions on satanism, devil worship, arcane occult rituals and how to cast black magic spells. For Taehyung and Jimin, the idea of being able to cast spells was very attractive. They had been dying to try it for some time. When Jimin found the satanic book, the two boys decided to follow the instructions and attempt to summon the devil to do their bidding.

Shortly after Taehyung's parents went out that night, Jimin arrived. It was a few minutes after ten and the boys climbed the stairs and went to Taehyung's room. They were shaking with anticipation.

Following the instructions in the book, they closed the windows and pulled the shades, so that the room was in complete darkness. In the middle of his bedroom, Taehyung had set up a little wooden table. Around it, he placed lighted black candles. Jimin laid the open book on the table. The boys sat across from each other and joined hands. Staring into the book, they began to read in unison:

“In nomine Dei nostri Satanas Lucifer Excelsa! In the name of Satan, ruler of the earth, the King of the world, who commands the forces of darkness, we beg you to put your infernal power in our hands! Spread wide the gates of Hell and come forth from the abyss to greet us as a brother and a friend!”

A light breeze blew through the room and the boys exchanged worried looks as they continued.

“Grant us the power that we seek! Grant us the pleasures that we seek! Indulge our every whim and make our dreams come true! We invoke your name and demand that you show yourself! We renounce God and worship only you, O prince of darkness! You who reward evil and punish goodness! Hear our plea!”

The gust of wind grew stronger and shook the room, even though the windows were all closed. Jimin was trembling. He tried to let go of his friend’s hand, but Taehyung held him tight and continued chanting.

“By all the demons of Hell, we demand that all of the things we mentioned shall come to pass! We speak your name!”

A cold wind began turning the pages of the book. Jimin broke away from Taehyung’s grasp. Then, as if on cue, the wind ceased and the book abruptly snapped shut. Both boys screamed in fright.

“This is too much, Taehyung!” cried Jimin. “I’m going home. I’m afraid. I don’t like this!”

“I’m scared too, Jimin!” Taehyung replied. “But isn’t this what we wanted… what we planned? After all, it was working. If you didn’t pull your hand away, we might have made contact.”

“I don’t want to do this anymore!” Jimin whined. “It was fun in theory, but I never believed any of it was real. I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I’m going home. It’s over. Bye, Taehyung. See you tomorrow.”

“And what about the book?” Taehyung demanded.

“You can keep it,” replied Jimin. “I don’t want it anymore.”

Jimin grabbed his coat and made his way downstairs to the front door. Taehyung followed him, begging him to stay, but he refused. He did not have far to go, just down the street, past the pond and he would be home.

Taehyung said goodbye and shut the front door. Then, he went slowly back to his room, turned on the lights and blew out all of the candles. He opened the curtains and placed the satanic book beside his bed. He lay down and looked at the clock. It was eleven. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Jimin was hurrying towards his home. As he passed the pond, he felt something behind him and spun around. There was nobody there, but he felt as if he was being watched from afar. Scared, he screamed with horror.

That night, Taehyung had a very disturbing dream. He saw Jimin lying in a ditch near the pond. His head was resting at an odd angle and there were bruises around his neck.

Taehyung woke up in a panic and screamed out for his father. His father rushed into his room and tried to comfort him.

“Relax boy!” he said in a soothing voice. “It was just a bad dream. Go back to sleep. In the morning you will have forgotten all about it.”

“Please, Dad!” Taehyung cried. “Can I sleep with you and mom tonight? I don’t want to be here alone. Please?”

“Well, OK… Come on then,” his father replied as he took the frightened Taehyung in his arms and hugged him tightly. He looked at the clock. It was almost 11:15 PM.

Just then, the phone rang. Taehyung picked it up and heard a faint voice on the other end.

It was Jimin.

“Beware Taehyung. Be very careful, or what happened to me will happen to you as well…”

That was the only thing he heard before the line went dead.

“Jimin!” he screamed desperately. “Jimin!”

“Calm down, Taehyung!” said his father. “What happened?”

“I don’t know, Dad!” he replied. “I don’t know, but I’m afraid. I’m afraid for my life.”

Taehyung was overcome by fear and desperation and began to cry.

“Don’t worry.” said his father as he rubbed his son's shoulders. “Go to sleep and tomorrow, you’ll see, everything will be OK.”

He took Taehyung to his bedroom and Taehyung laid down in the bed between his father and mother. Soon, he fell into a peaceful sleep.

In the morning, his father was awoken by the terrified screams of his wife. Opening his eyes, he was horrified to see his son lying dead beside him. Taehyung's body was stiff and his throat was black and blue. He had been strangled. He began to scream and cry.

Hours later, Jimin's lifeless body was discovered in a ditch near the pond. He had also been strangled. Police estimated his time of death as being around 11:15 PM the night before.