3

The tires of Aurelio's black car screech as we pull into the student parking lot

My heart pounds against my ribcage. I fidget with the string of my hoodie, suddenly feeling self-conscious.

"You okay?" Aurelio's deep voice rumbles breaking me out of my thoughts, his eyes search my face.

I forced my smile.

"Yeah, just nervous, I guess." 

This is my senior year of high school, and I want to leave a good impression on my teachers and whoever can affect my college life.

I hear a loud bang coming from the car and when I look to see what it is, I notice a large amount of smoke coming from the front of the car.

Everyone on their way to school stops to stare at the smoking car.

After making sure I grab my bag before getting out of the car, I look around to see what he hit, only to discover that he hit a trash can.

"You crashed your Rolls Royce into a fucking trash can." I yelled as I motioned my hand toward the trash can which was rolling almost a block down from us.

"I have the money to replace it, so you have nothing to worry about." Aurelio reassured as I rolled my eyes at him.

I walk away from him, but he stops me by trapping his finger in the waistband of my pants and pulling me back, causing me to stumble.

He then turns me to face him and looks at me with his doe yet glossy eyes.

"Don't be mad at me, okay?" He said in a low tone and I sighed and turned to walk away but he slipped his finger through the back belt loop and pulled me back to him.

"I need to hear your answer."

I took a deep breath before I turned to look at him and he was still looking at me with his eyelids low and filled with multiple emotions.

"I'm not mad, I promise." I speak up and he wraps his pinky around mine as he kept eye contact with me.

We approach the front entrance when the rev of an engine cuts through the morning air.

A sleek black motorcycle peels into the parking lot, expertly weaving between the rows of cars.

The rider pulls to a stop at the curb in front of us, his engine rumbling.

My breath catches as the rider removes his helmet, revealing a familiar face. Dark hair, chiseled features, piercing greenish grey eyes...

"Romano!" I gasp.

Before I can stop myself, I rush forward and throw my arms around his neck.

His muscular frame tenses in surprise before relaxing into my embrace.

"Princess," he murmurs, burying his face in my shoulder.

"I missed you."

I pull back to look at him, taking in every detail. He's still as handsome as I remember.