Chapter 3

Suddenly, a voice that came from the walkie talkie burried in my pocket had called me out.

"Hello, (Name) you there? We found a drone who could be a potential eye witness to the crime scene that occurred."

I shifted my glance from my pocket to Alphonso who looked back at me and gave him a sign that we should go.

—————-

Authors note:

Before you continue reading, I'll just let you know that there will/would be minor plot changes.

—————-

As Alphonso and I walk down the hallway along with a co worker, Alphonso and the fellow worker drone shared a conversation about Mr Khan's daughter, Uzi.

"Hey, (name)?"

I turned my head to look at the fellow worker drone.

"Khan's daughter may be.." He looked away and scratched his metallic cap. "You know how those regular teens would be.."

"Um. Chaotic? Rude? Snaps back?"

My eyes soften.

Teen agers will be teen agers. I'll be able to handle them as always. Besides, I was one.

"Thank you, Dan."

He chuckled and said, "any time."

"Oh!" Gasped Dan.

I flinched.

"we're here! I'll be at the other room since I have to talk to the others about something important. Cya!."

As Dan walks away, me and Alphonso shared glances.

"I'll go in." I said.

However, as soon as my eyes layed at Uzi who was sitting at the sofa, looking at the ground with a depressed expression through the window, my legs stopped moving.

She seemed traumatized. For a young girl like her, she shouldn't be dealing with problems like what she encountered earlier.

So I came into a conclusion where I shouldn't interview her.

Suddenly, Uzi turns her head up and accidentally shared glances with me.

I gave her a sad, reassuring smile then turned around and sighed, "We should do this another time, Al."

"Are you sure? This is your only chance."

"Yes. Right now wouldn't be a good time."

I walked away from the room, leaving Alphonso behind.