Allison and Tom

I woke up to someone shaking me.

"Hey, kid! Come on, get up."

I looked up to the figure and winced.

"Aughh.. who are.. where?.."

I put my hand on the back of my head and focused on the person, well- more like drawing and person thing.

"I'm Allison. I'll explain as much as I can to you when we're at the safe house, but we're not safe out in the open like this."

She put one of my arms around her shoulder and hoisted me up. We ran until we got to a room with a sorta heavy locked door. She sat me down on a bed and yelled for someone to close the door. Once everything calmed down, I looked up and saw a girl and.. a wolf?

"Uhh.. Boris?-"

He looked at me and shook his head.

"He just looks like Boris. His name is Tom. You are?"

I looked at the inky girl and said my name.

"Alright. Tom, Y/n, and me, Allison. In case you forgot."

I chuckled a bit, then sighed. I wanted to ask about her inky-ness, but I didn't wanna seem rude.

"It's nice to see a real person again. After the last 2, it's been a little boring. No offense, Tom."

He nodded and looked at me.

"Real person? You look like a real person, well besides, you know.."

I gestured towards her dress. She nodded.

"I guess it's time to explain now."

She sighed a bit and sat down next to me.

"Do I look like anyone to you?"

I stared at her for a minute, then I realized.

"Alice! You look kind of like Alice. But.. she's not real, so.."

She sighed again.

"First things first, this place isn't what you might think it is."

--TIME SKIP--

Allison had explained everything to me. I stared in shock for a minute. All I was trying to do was get a job, and now this?

"Before anything, I need to tell you the rules."

I tilted my head. Rules? What kinda rules could we have in a place like this?

"Rule 1, be aware of searchers and pipers. Both are pretty bad, so stay in the shadows. Being out in the open isn't very safe. If you can survive, then you should be fine."

I tried understanding as much as I could.

"One last thing, above anything else, stay away from the Ink Demon. He's dangerous."

The Ink what? I was visibly confused.

"There's a lot of bad ink creatures here. But some are okay."

I sighed.

"I guess Joey really was odd about his creations.."

Then, we heard banging at the door, and we all froze.