The search begins

I can try to find em

"No, that's a bad idea. They're scared of you."

He tilted his head.

You're not scared?

I shook my head and held onto my ax tighter

"You've protected me, helped me before. Sure, you look creepy. But I like 'creepy things'. I trust you."

I looked up at him and smiled. He just stared down at me for a second, then smiled back. I just stared back at him for a moment. He had the signature Bendy smile, but he wasn't Bendy. I shook myself from my thoughts and continued the search for my friends.

--TIME SKIP--(again- sorry ;-;)

I was getting tired. We'd come across a couple of ink people along the way. This one, however, was able to talk.

"Mr? I don't mean to bother, but, could you do me a favor? I-I'll tell you where I saw the 2 go!

I wanted to do what I could to help these things. I didn't like killing them, but I didn't know how to help most of them.

"I can try. Depends on what your favor is?"

The person giggled a bit.

"Oh, don't worry! It's a simple task! All I need you to do is fix a couple gears for me!"

I nodded. Then, me and the Ink Demon headed off. We found a couple of gears, then found the machine that needed them. I placed the gears in 1 by 1. I was about to pull the lever to make it operate when I was stopped. I looked up, and the Ink Demon was staring at the hallway behind us while growling.

"Hey.. Are you okay? We gotta finish this or-"

He shushed me. I looked at the hallway as well. I didn't see anything. Then, I saw what looked like the butcher gang, walking into the hallway and facing us. They looked like they were also experimented on. They were all twisted in some places, still resembling the original gang, but scarier. The Ink Demon growled even more but didn't attack.

"They look bad.. was it Alice? Oh no, buddies."

I felt bad for them as well. Then, they tried to attack. The Ink Demon got rid of them almost immediately. I looked away and lowered my ax a bit. He noticed and came over to me. He crouched and put an inky hand - or, claw - on my shoulder, then grabbed the notebook.

The fact that you wanna help these creatures is admirable. But things have to be done sometimes, toots.

I read the page and gave him a weak smile. I knew that already, but as far as I've heard, all these things are practically innocent. It's like they were ripped from their own lives and forced to be here. I shook my head and faced him again.

"Let's stop wasting time and find Allison and Tom."

With that, we walked away to continue the search.