The arrival of The Sully Family

It was a normal day in the village for Ātaahua, helping the locals, looking after the animals, swimming in the coral reefs and playing with her siblings. When Ātaahua was cleaning her room, she could hear commotion coming from the entrance of the village. 

"What's all this noise?" Ātaahua called out. 

"Forest people, they have come!" Someone called out passing her room. 

Ātaahua walks out of her room and dives into the water, she calls for her ilu named Tui. She jumps on and rushes around the corner to where all the noise was coming from. She could see that everyone was already there, including her family. 

She thought to herself, what's going on and who are these Na'vi. She got off Tui and walked out of the water. She could feel a presence of eyes looking at her, it was a forest boy. She smiled and continued walking up to her family.

"Aonung, what's going on and who are these Na'vi?" She asked her brother. 

"They are forest people from the Omatikaya Clan, there wanting to stay here." He said looking the forest people up and down.

Jake Sully, the father of the forest family, spoke to Tonowari about how his family is indeed for help and refuge. 

Tonowari declined his idea, "I don't want your war with the sky people come to this village. We cannot let you bring your war here." He demanded. 

Aonung then pointed out how Jake's son and daughter both have five fingers, he then started commenting on their tails. 

Ātaahua's mother, Ronal then pointed out, "There would be no use of you here."

Jake kept on begging and begging for help, her parents declined every time until Ātaahua said something.

"Father, Mother. Why don't we welcome them to our village?" She asked.

Her mother said "They are outcast Ātaahua, they are not like us." 

"I'm not like you, any of you. I am different." She said.

"It is different with you Ātaahua, you were born from The Spirit Tree, you were born here." Ronal responded. 

"Mother please, for me. I can teach them our ways. I will protect them. Please." Ātaahua begged. 

Ātaahua's parents always had a soft spot for her, maybe because she was the youngest, maybe because she was different, or maybe because she was born from The Spirit Tree. 

Her mother and father looked at each other, reading each others minds. They knew what the right answer was...