Chapter 2: What One Must Know About Aether

Izuku found himself staring at the sunny sky, amidst the clouds and into the sun. The peaceful air filled by birds chirping as he felt the warm grass graze his skin. A time like this is when Izuku can finally release a true smile, unshackled by anyone he knew.

Although he knew he couldn't be stuck in happiness any longer as he opened his eyes and saw that he was in a dumpster bin right beside a building.

Right, I was sent flying by Kastuki's punch...... that's going to leave a bruise...

Izuku jumped out and shook off the trash that was stuck to his white t-shirt and jeans. He saw his pendant from grandma was not gone and still being wore around his neck under his shirt as well as the black mark on his left palm.

"There you are master!"

A cheery voice came from behind him which made a smile from Izuku as he saw Kuro approaching him. Izuku greeted him with a chin scratch and a soft smile while a key floated towards them in a swirl of green wind.

"Since you kept those idiots busy, I managed to sneak in and get the spare key!"

The two approached the entrance door as Izuku looked up to see a wooden sign hanging which said: Ayuna's Antique Library. Izuku actually knows the owner, Ayuna Uyemura, a young woman who once helped him in the past. Kuro went ahead to insert the key and twist it with green wind he generated.

"Kuro, you did give her the paper right?"

"Oh don't worry! She already knows I'm your pet."

The door creaked open as the two entered and quickly closed it off. This building doubled as a business orientated library and a house for Ayuna herself, Kuro borrowed the key from the upstairs, after wooing Ayuna with his 'cat cuteness to affect humans' knowledge.

"She's currently taking the day off, something to do with a friend of hers."

Izuku flipped a light switch while Kuro floated over to a pillow on a nearby table. Izuku though felt a sense of excitement and giddy as he walked towards the mythical section.

"So, you sure that the book you're trying to find is around here?"

"Yes, Akashiro told me it was somewhere here."

"Speaking of him, I'd totally pay to see his face and reaction when you told him about the pendant!"

Kuro said with a smile which made Izuku shiver at the memory. While Kuro didn't mind Izuku's new aether energy signature, Akashiro did. Izuku remembered him being splashed by a gust of water before he was given a very stern talking.

After looking for a while, Izuku found it while holding a small picture for reference. He pulled it out and blew the dust off its cover which almost made him sneeze.

Right, Akashiro-san also told me to visit a friend of his... whoever that is.

Izuku opened the book as the lights flickered for a second which made Kuro and Izuku both raise their guard. The pages were light brown as seemingly handwritten black ink filled it's contents. Izuku carefully flipped through it as Kuro jumped onto his shoulder, peeking to get a look as well.

Although the two were interrupted by the lights flickering again with the sound of a screech that rang and echoed throughout the place.

"We should probably go out now Kuro."

"Mhm." Kuro answered as Izuku cautiously walked towards the door before he opened it and closed it in a swift motion.

"Izuku-kun! I made some tea and cookies!"