Chapter 3: New Faces, Foes and Freinds

The night sky loomed over Musutafu as the moonlight illuminated freely flying aether particles to those who can see. In the Yagi's apartment, while most were calm, one room had rustling echo throughout. The bed sheets were unworn as Izuku twisted and tumbled within his sleep.

Inside Izuku's mind, his anxiety started bubbling up at every passing thought. Flashes of memory started to rise as Izuku's mind lived again through them.

"Looks like Doi gave you a few things to help you with your aether signature problem."

Izuku was at Akashiro's pond as the latter read the opened scroll from Doi. Beside Izuku crouching was a jar with pills as well as a bracelet. Akashiro used his water aether powers to suspend the scroll to the air as Izuku looked at both his palms.

"The pills will hide your aether signature, and that bracelet will hide your identity, unlike cloaking which only hides your presence."

Izuku grabbed the bracelet and wore it on his left wrist to which Akashiro set down the scroll beside Izuku. Akashiro coughed and grabbed Izuku's attention as his fish face turned serious.

"Izuku, you didn't put on the bracelet nor took a pill before you left Doi's café right?"

"Yes?"

"Then we, especially you are in for a lot of trouble and danger."

Akashiro formed a thin water barrier around the two which Izuku looked at with awe.

"Foundation aether's are very rare, especially individuals who have the ability to control it. And you're very vulnerable, a young kid with no idea of what the aether society is. So listen closely Izuku, for your safety."

All Izuku could do is nod as he held the pendant tightly on his left hand, on top of the black mark.

"Every time you go out, take one of these pills which'll last you the entire day as well as use the mask. Your identity has already been compromised by you stepping out of Doi's café, that place is heavily surveyed as it is one of the few places where manifestations can come and leave without worrying getting hunted down."

"But, how am I going to wear the mask during school?"

"Cloak it, remember, these items only work if you're perceiving you from an aether standpoint, while cloak works at a non-aether standpoint."

Akashiro stopped as he disabled the barrier before splashing an emblem out of his pond to which Izuku caught. The emblem was of two swords clashing with two earth-like planets merging into earth itself. Izuku could also see some symbols related to the different types of aether around the emblem although a few were put into the three planets.

"Be careful of the Aether Control Association, although I'm not sure if their name has stayed the same since I last encountered them. They have no mercy towards things, animals, plants, manifestations, or even humans with the ability over aether. But I got to say they're effective at keeping aether related problems at bay from the knowledge of the public."

"And what will they do to me if they find me out?"

A silence loomed over the two as Akashiro could see through Izuku's normal face which laid a bubbled-up anxiety, paranoia, and most of all, fear. Akashiro couldn't lie that he'd seen Izuku this bad, even by all the horrific treatment Izuku received from his classmates, that wasn't enough to put him at this level of unease.

"Worst case scenario, you'll be executed and everyone who you know will forget about you. Best case scenario they'll just silently monitor your every move. Izuku, come here everyday after school, I'll teach you all I know about handling aether."