Chapter 4: The Inventor, The Doll, The Hero

Mei Hatsume could remember the first day she found out about aether. She was just a teeny girl who had a knack for tinkering, one day she decided to open up an antique TV in her living room which turned out had a spirit inside it. For a week, her family were being haunted and somehow only Mei could see the spirit because she made first contact with Aether in the TV.

Luckily they called in a Pro Hero who could settle the spirit problem, unknown to her parents though, Mei was the one who sealed the spirit away by constructing an aether sticky mine which detonated as she threw at the spirit.

After that, she was found by the Aether Control Association, who took her under their wing. They somehow convinced her parents to school her in one of the schools owned by the ACA, which she also doesn't understand how they managed to do that.

Besides from changing her life by introducing the concept of aether, she now has a private tutor slash mentor slash uncle-figure?

Past School hours she had a few couple of hours studying in a secret classroom with a couple other kids which she didn't remember the names of. Although after that, she gets taught by her mentor. Whom she sensed was right behind her right now.

"AAAHH! Sensei---"

"Shush, yelling is bad for your throat. Considering you keep that high pitch and enthusiastic pitch all the time."

She gleefully drank the soft drink which was given by her mentor, Mamoru Yoshinaga. He wore a white fox max which had some green, red, and orange lines while his red eyes radiated comfort within Mei's bunker.

(Ps. This is after Izuku's visit and he had visited more times after.)

Yoshinaga wore a white robe which had some golden linings from his head to toe while his head was covered by a cloth similar to a hoodie, also he had white cloth pants and shoes underneath.

"So, how is it going on with your task surveying your designated area?"

"Oh! I found a new guy visiting that café you told me to watch!"

Yoshinaga dropped the tools he was inspecting on Mei's table as he faced Mei with a serious expression.

"And who that might be?"

Mei pulled up a remote to which she pressed a button on which turned on the multiple monitors around the room, one displaying the picture of Izuku leaving Doi's café. Beside the main monitor was a schematic of Izuku as well as a paragraph of information beside it.

"My camera's and sensors on my mechanical birds picked up this entity a few weeks ago!"

"Why is the aether type left empty?"

"*Nervous laugh, well...... my systems couldn't pick up, any aether signature from it."

Mei shamefully looked away from Yoshinaga at her invention's inability to do a task although Yoshinaga didn't mind it as he was completely focused on the picture of Izuku.

"What did your system pick up?"

"It just picked up all of the aether signature in the environment, but none from that person itself."

"And did you manage to locate this entity in person?"

"Uh, yes and no..."

"Explain."

Mei explained her multiple interactions with Izuku whom she calls Greenie or Deku (she prefers Greenie), as well as the subtle testing he did on him.

First she had made him wear a gauntlet prototype that took his aether signature but results were negative.