A Long Time by findyourboatxx

~ There is a special type of joy that looms over the air during the holidays. The kind that has strangers passing each other with smiles on their faces. The kind that has people giving out of the kindness of their hearts instead of expecting something in return.

But sometimes... these joyous times bring out the worst in people. The ones who see all the good around them and make them more miserable than ever before. Whether it's the jealousy they have clawing its way out, or the incredible sadness that they had been masking finally becoming too strong to bury inside.

Enter Harry Styles.

CEO of Styles Enterprise. They are the biggest fashion empire in the country with the finest employees money can buy. But with such power comes terrible responsibility, with that responsibility comes incredible burden.

It was no surprise that the man is the way he is. With an upbringing of two power tycoons like his parents there wasn't a shock that Harry was cold, ruthless, and manipulative. He got what he wanted when he wanted it... no matter who he hurt in the process.

His jade green eyes could kill and his deep, powerful voice commands every room he walks into without even trying. His strong build never seems to fit right in his clothes, his biceps practically ripping through the material of his hundred dollar dress shirt and jacket at any given moment. He is the type of person who makes heads turn, who gets people talking without needing to even say a word.

They say his heart is made of stone and maybe it's true. But come on, everyone knows what breaks only the coldest of hearts... or maybe I should say who.

Forgive me, for I am getting ahead of myself. Perhaps in order to tell this story, I need to go back a little.

Just before Christmas to be exact. For that, my dear beautiful angels, is where our story begins. ~

*****

Harry Styles

"Move," I said as I pushed through the crowded streets of the city. "Oh Jesus christ, get the fuck out of my way!"

My blood began to run cold at the mindless imbeciles standing before me at the entrance to the building. My building to be exact. A place where nobody should be unless they have a reason for being there.

"What on earth are you looking at?" I snapped, finally making my way through the crowd as I saw the mayhem they were looking at.

My jaw clenched and my hand tightened in a fist as I saw Richard, my window washer, hanging lights on the windowsills. I could practically see the smudging of my usually spotless glass from where I was standing. I turned in the small heel of my dress shoes and stormed my way into the building, slamming my badge onto the scanner and allowing the gate to let me pass.

I don't even bother waiting for the elevator, with all of the red anger flooding my veins I make it up the five flights of stairs in no time at all. I see the slightly parted window along with Richard's cord attached and quickly make my way over to it. I grab him by the sleeve and drag him back the same way he left. I could tell my presence surprised him, his eyes practically came shooting out of his head before he let out a sigh of relief.

"You scared me," he exhaled deeply, chuckling a bit as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "Something wrong boss?"

He had to have been joking, there was no way the man who has worked for me for over ten years would think this scenario is okay in the slightest.

"Richard," I said slowly, closing my eyes for a moment before I asked. "Mind telling me what the hell you're doing right now?"

He was hesitant, his eyes quickly scanned over my body as they shifted from one eye to the next.