I Fell Into Love

"Ok, could you put me through to his room so I can leave a message? Thank you."

Stevie twirled the phone cord around her fingers as she tried not to think about all the places Don could be other than his own hotel room. Would it have been worse to call and find him there but with some girl? Her thoughts were interrupted by the beep letting her know she could leave a message.

"Hi babe...I guess you're out celebrating Joe's birthday or something, just wanted to call and see how you were, it's been a while since we spoke. Ok, call me. Bye."

She replaced the receiver on the phone in her lap and absentmindedly bit her thumbnail as she stared at nothing in particular. What was worse? What Don was almost definitely doing, hooking up with a string of anonymous groupies, sending them on their way with a gram of coke and a slap on the ass the next day? Or whatever was happening between her and Derek?

She hadn't seen or heard from him since that afternoon at the Warner offices almost two weeks ago and was incredibly conflicted about it, swinging wildly from anger, to guilt, to frustration, to desire and everything in between.

Robin, the best friend she'd been living with since packing up and leaving the house she'd shared with Lindsey, had figured the mood swings were to do with Don, and that Stevie would talk to her when she was ready. She stood in the doorway now and watched Stevie, lost in her thoughts.

"No luck?"

Stevie glanced up at her and smiled, shaking her head.

"Look at you. C'mere, do a twirl."

Robin moved into the middle of the room and twirled, giggling with her arms outstretched dramatically, the way Stevie did on stage.

"How do you do that without getting dizzy?"

"Focus on one point. Is that my shawl?"

"Yes. It's too warm for a jacket. Do you mind?"

"I do mind - it looks better on you. You look gorgeous. You really dig this one, huh? What's his name again?"

"Kim. Anderson."

"Kim Anderson. Kim and Robin Anderson."

"Stop!" She rolled her eyes.

"What? It's cute!"

"Anyhow...don't expect me home tonight, bye!"

She rushed her words and attempted to make a quick exit before Stevie squealed and grabbed her arm, dragging her crashing to the couch beside her.

"What?! Tonight's the night?"

"I think so...he's cooking for me at his place and asked me what I liked for breakfast." They both squealed again and Stevie threw her arms around Robin. A car horn sounded outside. "Ok, that's him."

"Doesn't he want to come to the door?"

"No, he's scared of meeting you."

"Why?!"

"You know, you're a big deal these days, Steves. It's intimidating. Don't look at me like that, I'll introduce you soon. Ok. Gotta go."

They hugged again and Robin kissed her cheek before heading to the door, Stevie trailing behind her in her gray sweatsuit and socks.

"Good luck!" She sang as they reached the door. "I want all the details when you get home."

"Of course." She kissed her cheek again and waved over her shoulder as she made her way down the path. Stevie peered through the darkness and waved at the figure in the car, smiling as she saw the shadow of a hand waving back.

She sank against the door as she closed it for a second, contemplating a night alone, before heading to the kitchen and opening a bottle of wine. She was about to pour out a glass when she heard a quiet knock at the front door.

Still clutching the bottle and empty glass, she giggled as she unbolted it.

"Forget your k-"

"Hello." He smiled and held up a bottle of wine, nodding to the one in her hand. "Great minds."

She stood in shock for a second, trying to process the man she had become infatuated with currently standing on her doorstep. Before he could say anything else she was in his arms, almost toppling him as she wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him voraciously.

He supported her with his free hand and staggered over the threshold, kicking the door closed behind them before leaning against it the way she had done only minutes before.

"Are you alone? Are we going to be disturbed?" He mumbled between kisses, reaching to put down his wine bottle.

"Mm, no - no."

"Good," he carried her to the couch and sank back onto it, holding her face and looking into her eyes. "Because I need to take you now."

A bolt of sudden intense pleasure at his words shocked through her and she reflexively rolled her hips into his, needing stimulation. She kissed him hungrily before he pulled her hair back and sucked her exposed throat.

"Fuck..."

"Strip." His usual gentle, controlled nature was gone. There was something animalistic in his dark eyes that was making her so wet she knew it wouldn't be long before she was coming undone in his arms. "I need to see your body."

Still straddling his lap, she finally put the bottle and glass down on the side table before she pulled the sweater over her head and discarded it, revealing her naked torso beneath. She was normally conscious of her small breasts, but as he drank her in, her modesty melted away and she leant back, hands on his knees, displaying herself.

"My god, you're beautiful." She blinked back the unwanted tears that pricked her eyes before gasping as she felt his mouth on her erect nipple, teasing and toying with it. She reached a hand behind his head and tangled her fingers in his hair, holding him against her until she was ready for him to stop. She felt him growing hard and began to grind into him, drawing a gutteral growl from his throat.

"Fuck, that feels so good!" He redoubled his efforts as she pinched and rolled her other now painfully hard nipple between her fingers, shocked she could get so much pleasure just from having her breasts stimulated properly; before they'd just been something for men to grab and paw at as they were fucking her.

He wrapped his arms around her and shuffled to the edge of the couch before sinking to his knees and laying her on the floor. He knelt over her for a moment and gazed down at her again.

"I can't stop myself, Stevie. You're all I can think about. I need to have you."

Her eyes were dark in the lamplight as she swallowed and lifted her hips to remove her sweatpants. He helped her before his eyes fell to her exposed center. She provocatively spread her legs wider.

"Then take me."