ღ𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

There were several walks of life that passed me by in the lobby. I couldn't help, but to reside in such a pretty area. The director had came by a while ago and gave me a milk jug. At first it confused me, but she explained it was for stress. The stress of taking in everything new I assumed.

Taking a sip of the milk, I sat back on the green cushioned couch. My mind instantly went to Daehyun. I wondered how he was doing. He wasn't old enough to live on his own. I knew there were kids that would take advantage of him over my fame. Then again, Uni-G only debuted a year and a half ago.

I watched as some people in suits rushed to the elevator in a hurry. They looked like they were about to be late to their destination. Jung-Woong was passing by, carelessly watching people rush and bump into each other to get inside. He then looked at me with a shocked expression. He then power walked over to me.

"Aren't those your co-workers?" he asked.

I looked over behind him, "Yeah."

"Don't you think you should get going?" he took a sip of his milk.

"Why? I looked at him confused.

"Doesn't your team have a meeting?" he motioned me to get up.

"Oh!" I almost choked and rose up, "I'm gonna get killed!"

I rushed passed him and suddenly had the urge to sneeze. It came before I could comprehend it. I sneezed and somehow ended up in Mr. Park's office with some other of my co-workers. My milk had flew out of my hand and right at someone. There was a still silence in the room. My face turned red once I realized what happened.

Mr. Park was still and stiff as he wiped his face off with his left hand. He was already intimidating to be around, but this made me fear for my life. There was no emotion on his face indicating what he could've been feeling. It was threatening in itself. He slowly turned my way and without a word, pointed to a seat.

With a quick bow of shame, I scurried to it and sat down. From where I could see, there was milk dripping from his blazer. I felt embarrassed. Several of my co-workers were still staring at me with shocked and judging eyes. I decided to keep my head down and my eyes on the floor. If I could stop myself from teleporting when I sneezed, everything would be better.

A few moments later, the ones from the elevator came in very apologetic as they took their seats. There was a lot of us, but not as many that were on the team. Mr. Park said it was a quick run through of our schedule this week. There was set to be a lot of deaths due to a poor decision that was destined to be made.

"It's as unfortunate as war," he proclaimed, "However, it'll keep us very busy. There may be many more if the Risk Management Team fails. More than likely, just be on your toes."

"Sir," someone suddenly spoke, "Isn't there a way to prevent such chaos?"

"Rule 1: Do not get involved in the affairs of the land of the living," Mr. Park said without missing a beat, "Have you forgotten?"

"No, sir," they said.

"May I remind you all that your purpose is to escort," he said, "Learn to pull yourself together with your one and only task. Any questions?"

No one spoke or raised a hand.

"Dismissed," he waved his hand.

Just as I stood up on my feet, my gaze met Mr. Park's. He then motioned for me to come to home. I looked around me just to be sure. Every one else had already begun leaving or had already left. Hesitantly, I made my way over to him. He stood with his hands in his pockets. The milk was already seeping in his clothing.

"Towels, now," he snapped.

"Yes, sir!" I saluted.

-

"Is there any way to control this?" I asked, "I thought I was going to die earlier. Mr. Park is really scary."

The director smirked, "Scary you say."

I nodded, "With those fierce eyes, his looks could actually kill!"

She let out a soft chuckle, "He's always been like that. Now, about your sneeze problem. Have you tried holding it in? I don't think we've ever encountered this before."

"No," I leaned against the pillar with a hand grazing my chin, "I never thought of that. I think next time I'll try that."

"It would be a great idea, wouldn't it?" she smiled.

We were standing in the in-between area. There were all sorts of plants around us. It varied from flowers to vines. It was shaped into green, purple, blue, red, and pink. It reminded me of my school's old garden. It was sat in the middle. Except here, it was white and glowing all around. It felt pure and relaxing.

I stood leaned against the pillar watching the director water the flowers. I wouldn't dare ask her age, but she was beautiful for whatever age she may have been. This was all soon ruined by the urge to sneeze. I gasped before trying to hold it in, but it came out quickly. The last thing I saw was the director suddenly looking up. 

Once I teleported, I tripped over a chair and landed half on a desk. I was faced with Mr. Lim who was taken aback by my sudden presence. I was embarrassed, but I was relieved it wasn't in front of Mr. Park. I balanced myself back up and looked around. Miss Koo and Jung-Woong were staring at me as well. I gave a quick smile before dusting myself off and leaving.

Their silence made my face burn as I finally got in the hall. It soon became more red once I saw Mr. Park already on his way. I felt myself suddenly begin to stiffen up as I avoided his gaze. He seemed to not notice me at all as he strutted passed me. It was strange. It was almost like I was completely invisible to him. It was a bit disheartening.

I stopped at the end of the hall and looked back. Mr. Park glanced at me before clearing his throat as he went in. His voice was lower than most people who were here so I couldn't hear so much as a mumble. I assumed it was with the workload this week since it dealt with suicide cases as well. 

Once again, I stood wondering how Daehyun was doing. I even wondered how my members were doing as well. Were they even phased by my absence. I had some hope they were heartbroken over me. Maybe they were hoping and praying I'd come back quickly. Maybe my brother was hoping the same.

Mr. Park came out of their office with a file in his hand. He was power walking towards me. I stood still in some fear and curiosity. My hands had become sweaty the moment he stopped in front of me. He then stuck out the folder to hand to me. I looked down at it in confusion. What was he wanting me to do with it?

"You were with the director, right?" he questioned, "I assume you're going back. Please give this to her, as I have other matters I need to tend to and this is out of the way for me."

I took it and nodded. He then left my sight. I was curious so I examined the file. It wasn't anything attention grabbing. Just records of something. I took a deep breath and started to make my way down the hall. I hummed my favorite song: Holo as I waited for the elevator. My voice was a bit shaky since it always made me feel emotional.