ღ𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

We stood on top of a building watching the Risk Management Team do their job. They frantically ran towards a group of strangers that had their hands held together. Mr. Park and I were waiting patiently to see how it would turn out. One of them had a bomb strapped against them. The rest were just waiting for it to go off. It was a suicide pact.

The difference was, they were planning to take the lives of the innocent. It was the middle of a festival that was going on. It made me feel sick. How could someone take others with them? Especially those who had a will to live. I just couldn't fathom it. Mr. Park had his arms crossed as he stood still. His eyes were piercing through the strangers.

If everything went south, we'd have a handful to escort. I had some faith in their team. They stopped a veteran from taking his life. How could they go wrong here? Miss Koo, Mr. Lim, and Jung-Woong joined hands with the group. Were they planning to blow up, too? Their tactics didn't make any sense.

"Fools," Mr. Park mumbled.

"Have some faith in them," I said, a bit reluctant.

"There is no faith in those who want to take their own lives," he said, "You're no exception."

A lump formed in my throat, "You don't know the struggle."

"Life is full of disheartening challenges," he stated, "Everyone struggles in one way or another. You just have to move on."

I took a deep breath and stayed silent. In a way, he was right. I hated to admit that, but it was true. He seemed to be stuck in his ways. There wasn't a way I could change his mind. I didn't know how long the Risk Management Team had been going on, but I assumed they couldn't change his mind either.

That was gonna be my goal for the next few months to pass. I stared at him with determination. If it took me dying twice or him killing me as many times, it was going to turn out to be worth it. I narrowed my eyes trying to picture a different expression on his face. It was going to be an understanding expression if it was the last thing I did.

"Stop staring at me," he said not taking his gaze from the team.

"Sorry," I instantly looked away.

-

I paced back and forth in the in-between room. The director was sipping tea while listening to Jung-Woong speak about his current experience. I thought it was quite thoughtful of her to check up on us. After all, him and I weren't really supposed to be here, but we were being used for the time being.

"My heart was beating out of my chest," he explained, "I really thought we were all going to blow up."

"You do realize you wouldn't die, right?" she questioned.

"But there were those who would die!" his voice became whiny, "What about their families and loved ones?"

She was silent so I interrupted, "Could I ever see Daehyun?"

"Who's Daehyun?" Jung-Woong looked at me.

"My brother," I said.

"Of course," the director said, "Just not right now. You're on a busy schedule."

"I have the time to come here, but not see my brother?" I narrowed my eyes.

"You'd want the whole day, wouldn't you?" she took a sip of her tea.

I nodded, "Okay, good point."

"What's with you sneezing so much anyway?" Jung-Woong asked, "Why can she teleport and I can't?"

"Don't worry about it," the director said.

"I'm curious about the sneezing, too!" I said crossing my arms.

"Won't you look at the time?" she said, "I've got papers to sign off."

With that, she disappeared into thin air.

"If I could sneeze," I said, "I'd go after her!"

"Do you even control where you go?" his eyes got big.

I scratched the back of my nape, "Uh, n-no, but if I could!"

He clapped his hands and started laughing, "You mean, you just appear where ever? Ah, I guess it's better for you. Get yourself out of some situations, eh?"

"I'm going to sneeze on you," I said, "Then you'll get sick."

"Oh no," he frowned, "We're in Jumadeung. There is no sickness. Threaten me all you want, but it'll never give you the satisfaction."

"Were you this annoying while alive?" I pouted.

He scoffed, "Yes."

_________________________________________

Authors Note:

Sorry about a really short chapter this time! I've had some writers block with this since I finished the show. I will get to writing on this more some time soon. Chapters will be coming a bit slower, but I will be continuing! In the mean time, I have some other fanfics (completed) and a book I'm working on on my page that you can check out. Thanks for the support! <3 (: