5

Syntax laid down in the warm water. Getting back from his little trip with Mayor to the museum was odd yet fun, mainly ignoring the creepy man. He kept his head above the water as he had washed it recently and was merely relaxing. He groaned as he adjusted. He looked down at his own body through the transparent water. Purple still. Of course, why did he expect differently? He then remembered what Spindrax had told him. How he was handsome, just had bold colors. A statement piece. Not everyone's taste but some still found him beautiful in an odd sense. He splashed the water lightly as he smiled lightly. " Yeah, maybe it's not all that bad" He worded to himself.

After his bath, Syntax laid down in bed and waited. He heard his door opening so he pretended to be asleep, blankets half-assed on his body. " Awww, so tired" He heard the haunting voice and size 11 and a half dress shoes hit the floor and come closer. The soothing yet insane voice purred with his words as a rough hand touched the blankets, bringing them over Syntax's body to tuck him in. Mayor's breathing was slow, hard to hear as it wasn't normal breathing. Almost as if he wasn't alive just mimicking the motions of breathing. " He's so cute when asleep, almost like I could just tie him up and take him for myself" The index finger belonging to the well-dressed man brushed against Syntax's purple cheek gently. The rough texture of years of battle almost seemed soft.

The hand moved away from his cheek and into Syntax's hair. The fingers ran through the newly combed hair, pushing past the strands and repeating the motion. A soft hum came from the bone-riddled chest as the motion started to sway Syntax into an actual slumber. "I'm so glad you've enjoyed our little date, your face is so beautiful when smiling." He leaned down and kissed syntax's forehead. That confirmed the right-hand man was in love with the mere assistant.

" Caught your ass!" Syntax sprang up and grabbed Mayor by his tie. " Oh?~" He smirked. " No- this isn't what i meant-" He let go but Mayor already had his hands on Syntaxs face. " You caught me didn't you little spider~" He purred. " Ugh you're like a cat!" " Then maybe I caught you~" He leaned closer but stopped. He cleared his throat and pulled away, leaving his room silently. Syntax was confused and followed a bit behind. He watched the Mayor approach the strange girl. " yes My Lady?"

Morning shunned him as he worked early until the day when the sun wasn't even up. The first rays of light clashed against his bright green eyes like microscopes to ants. Burning. " Ugh" Syntax rubbed his eyes. The bright warmth was something he learned to dislike. He had ran out of some supplies and needed to get it. Most was organic material and the few things in the stores he got as soon as it opened. He groaned as he smoothed his hair back, his hoodie pushed off as he sat at a park bench. It was too early for anyone to be there so he was free for a while.

" Excuse me?" He opened his eyes to see a familiar face. " Ruo?" He leaned in forward. " Oh uh, hi how do you know my name?" The lady raised a brow. " Its Syntax" He smiled. " I may look a bit different but its me!" " Syntax is that really you!" She laughed and hugged him. " Ah man its been a while since I've seen you, not since college huh?" " No, its really nice to see you" he smiled and scooted over so she can sit. " Its nice to see you too, what are you doing?" She asked.

" Im a scientist and inventor ig still, you?" " Ah, studying plants still. I found a plant that's extremely similar to another but the only way to tell its different is by tearing the planet. If its normal and the petal just rips, its the normal one, if the tearing it hard and its gooey while ripping it, its the other that when that goop is touch it burns the skin!" " Really now, how fascinating!"

The two talked for a while before they both excused themselves to leave. Syntax returned to the cave with a smile. " Whats got you so happy?" Spindrax came to tease the green-haired man. " I saw an old friend. We used to be roommates in college. When I was human" " I bet you were ugly as hell as a human, even more so than a spider" Huntsman picked on him but syntax kicked him in the head. " Did I even mention I took material arts as a teen?" Syntax laughed with Spindrax. " A friend hmm" A large smile formed on the man in the shadow's face. His eyes circling with blue as he walked away.

Syntax tied his hair up as far as he could as he started typing code onto his computer. He didn't need to even look at his keyboard as he focused closely. He wanted to make up for all his past work. He fixed his lab coat before taking it off completely, continuing to type fast. The code typed as fast as a flood before his fingers jolted off the keys as he felt something wet slide over his cheek. " Hello~" He heard the mayor say. he put his hand to his cheek and looked at his fingers. " Is this blood?" He asked. " Perhaps" Mayor licked his hand behind Syntax.

" What do you want now, I'm working" " Oh just wanted to come watch you" " You mean bother?" " Ouch~ That hurts you know" His gently cupped Syntaxs face from behind. He slapped his hands away. " Off off, I'm working. Go bother someone else" " Aww but you're my favorite" " And you're my least favorite"