Gangster's Wife - 16

Drowning in a pool of his guilt he vigorously opens the door of the marvellous luxurious black car.

"King-king please get up, just don't close your eyes I won't let anything happen to you."
"N-no Nick my end is near I-I can see angels coming to t-ta-ake me...S-son prom-promise me that you will care of my Noah always and ple-please promise me you will protect him till your last breath."
"I promise King I will always be with him, I will be his shield, no pain will ever touch him until he'll be with me & I with him."

Emily POV

I was sitting silently on the bed until heard a knock but ignored it again and again assuming it to be that manipulative dual face goon until the 4th time "Mam are you in? May we please come in ?" I was about to speak when again another lady spoke "Mam are you in the bathroom?" "N-no"I replied, unknowingly my voice cracked. "Mam, may we please come in?" "Um-a~yes" I again spoke with an even more audible cracking sound this time. Two ladies in their late 30's or probably early 40's entered the room with a little smile, one of them pulled a trolley of food I suppose while the other simply followed her empty handedly.

"Mam you didn't have your breakfast so Sir called us a while ago to make sure you eat" the empty handed lady spoke in one go with a slight hesitation but maintained the smile."Tha-thankyou but I don't want to eat, just lost the appetite to eat and live" I replied, mumbling the last part."Mam if you want we can just keep the food here and you can eat it later whenever you wish to"the one holding tray cart insisted."I said I don't want anything kindly leave" I spoke frustrated and with a raised voice, which I immediately regret I hate shouting or scolding anyone especially if it's not their fault, no one should be treated like a punching bag after all." Sorry I-I just don't want please leave"I repeated not in a soothing yet in an apologetic tone and as calmly as I could bring myself to."M-mam but if sir..." I cut her off "He won't come to know anything if no one tells him ... Just say I ate if he asks." "Mam even if we tell or not he will come to know " one of them replied while the other added "and on top of it if we lie we are dead, please mam try to understand" "Yes mam please we beg" "Oh-ok just keep it here I will when I want to" they nodded and arranged and covered the things well on the table near couch and left not before reminding me to eat as if their lives depend on it or may be probably does I heavily sighed seeing the covered food.

After half an hour I finally decided to eat there was no way I can throw it without being caught though I actually don't want to eat, not like I wasn't hungry in fact to be precise I was starving but not in the mood to eat but my growling stomach won against my depressed brain cells and here we go.

Biting and chewing the food all I could think was of my life how messed up it became, if it would have been any other day, she would now be in her school, gossiping with her girlfriends, Betty and Jenny at school, but life had some other plans for her. "No no no I can't accept this fu©ked up situation to be my only fate, God can't be so unfair, the Almighty is just testing me and I will succeed in again living the life I deserve... I can't be this Gangster's Wife for my entire long life."

?? POV (On the other side)
I opened my eyes to find myself in a hospital room with several wires and machines attached to my body, my body ached as if it's been days I am lying here and suddenly I remembered everything, what's happening, how I ended up here... Emily,Emily where is she?

(To be continued)

Target:
08 votes

(Remember to vote
Till then keep loving yourself
♡)