chapter one

The day was absolutely stunningly perfect, as if right out of a movie.
The sunny day made the Mushroom kingdom absolutely shine on Luigis big day.
Though the prince in question was doing anything but enjoying the peaceful beauty of his land.

Luigi ran around the castle with toads following behind as he directed them all with clipboard in hand, his anxiety getting to him due to the stressful factor of this party. Normally he wouldn't be this worked up over it and would be more excited but due to it now being focused on him for something other than his birthday, the pressure was on.

"Toad, I need you to work on getting all the floral arrangements done. I want the garden looking stunning for the evening, let's keep it easy on you and only focus floral decorations outside in designated party areas and only small vases on tables."

"On it!"

"Chef toad, here are the allergies and preferences of each kingdom, I trust that you will make the best dishes for all of our guest and please just add a little more flair when it comes to the royalty. I wanna impress them the most, after all a happy stomach is a happy ruler!"

"Oui!"

"Toadette, I need you and the girls working on the decorations and arrangements of the party zones inside and a little bit outside. You girls have the best style I've ever seen so I know you will be great! Really focus on the entrance area to make a great impression for when they first arrive!"

"You got it!"

"Okay, now we just need music and entertainment. Oh and of course security, Toad who do we have for music?"

"Only the best Toadsicians we got! We even have a collaboration from the boo kingdom! They habe such enchanting singing voices. "

"Oh yeah! That's perfect! Now, we need our strongest as security." Luigi took out a walkie and pressed the center button as he continued his walk, "Agent Toad, how is security set up going?"

"All good sir, cameras are activated and ready. We've set up cut off areas and locker out some zones, just working through shift change schedules."

"Perfection!"

The castle was just full of movement as all toads worked hard in their designated areas and prepped the castle for the best party yet. Once his list was checked, rechecked, and checked once more he relaxed and finally stopped in his tracks with a sigh. "Tonight, will go smoothly." He assured himself, doing his best to not let his mind overrun faster than he could move. Mario walked up from behind Luigi, dodging toads zooming past him as he chuckled and placed a hand on his brothers shoulder. "Good job weegee, looks like you've done it again with your excellent planning skills." He smiled as he pulled him into a side hug by his neck whilst ruffling his hair, "Marioooo!" Squealed Luigi with a big smile as he pulled away.
"I just want tonight to go perfectly, I wanna show the kingdom I will be the best king they can ever ask for. O-of course you're also an amazing king!" Luigi stuttered out, not wanting to offend his brother on accident which just earned him a laugh in return, "Ohhh weegee, I know you'll do better than me. It's why I gave you the throne, you deserve it after all the years of effort you put into our kingdom." Mario smiled as he looked into his brothers eyes to show how genuine he was, "Now, we reaaally should be getting ready. We need to prep too yknow!" He declared as he looked over the Messy Luigi from how stressed he was for the past few hours running around.
"Yeah, oh boy, what outfit do I wear??" Luigi questioned as he looked over his casual outfit he always had on of his workers overalls. He could NOT show up in this.
"Leave it all to me, just go shower and when you get out there will be a outfit for you on the bed. I had toadette make you a matching outfit with me so we both will look great for the evening."
Luigi couldn't help but hug his brother tight, he always just knew what to do to help him.
"Thank you."
"Of course, I love you luigi."
"I love you too, Mario."