CHP 2: The Song Bird

" b-blue-san....uhm...where are we going? "

" hmm? Back home, I'm getting hungry, and you don't have a place to go anymore, plus...."

I spun around and glared at her.

" if you're staying with me, I've got three rules. I hate people who order me around, I don't want anybody getting in my way, and last, you're a girl, so stay a meter away from me. " after finishing that speech I stomped my way towards town.

" s-s-she really d-d-does hate me..." Sighed the girl floating along.

Before reaching town, they first have to cross pass a long river.

" hmm...it's a river...hurry up bird brain, we don't wanna be late for...supper? " I can't believe what I just saw.

" u-uhm...b-b-blue-san...t-t-that's a r-r-river right? R-r-right?! " cried the girl, holding on the tree.

" yeah, what about it? "

" u-uhm? C-c-can you carry me a-a-across? "

"......."

Awkwardness filled the place.

I pulled on her wings.

" THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE THINGS? DECORATIONS???!!! " I was getting ticked off looking at her.

" e-e-eh! B-b-but what if I fall! I-i-i can't swim! And p-p-plus! I can't just float over it! W-w-what if a huge fish took me?! You would die you know! "

Who is placing these weird imaginations into this girl? There is no such thing as huge fishes, unless if we are talking about sirens and other sea creatures... Before I could even try to punch her in the head, her tears stopped me from doing so.

" p-p-please..."

I felt the heat covered up my cheeks, as I turned away and sat down.

" b-blue-s-s-san??..."

" get on! Don't wait for me to change my mind. "

She then smiled and then flew towards my shoulders and gently sat on my back. Woah, she almost doesn't weigh anything...what a fragile body she has here. I then stood up and began to cross the river, I felt her hand gripped on my hair. Is she really that afraid of water? As we were getting to the center of the river the water begins to rise up into my hips. It's getting deeper and deeper...

" b-b-blue-san...c-c-can't you go f-f-faster...."

" huh? I'm having trouble here you know, it's muddy down here. "

" u-ulp..."

No way...she's really shaking...best if I get up before she collapses. I hurried towards the other side, before I could manage to step into the other side, the angel gal jumped instantly off my shoulder, losing my balance as a huge splash was heard.

" h-hahh!!! I-i-i'm s-safe! U-uh..b-blue-san? "

I surfaced and spurt out a fountain of water. U-ukk...d-don't get mad..umi... I know this were your best clothes, but look on the bright side you survived~ SURVIVED MY ASS!!! THIS CLOTHES COST ME A FORTUNE! AND NOW THEY ARE WET!

" b-b-blue-san!! I-im sorry! I j-j-just jumped without thinking! "

" y-y-you...." I gripped on my hands as I saw her cute reaction, I can't help it but laugh out loud, holding on my stomach, as I then smiled.

" you getting scared was already okay for me, but...you got my best clothes wet... I'll just dry them later we'll call this even bird brain "

I went ahead her, leaving her there confused and surprised.

" blue-san..."

" Sonoda. "

" E-ehh? "

I spoke out loud without taking a glance at her.

" call me Sonoda, I won't repeat it for you anymore little bird. "

Did...she...just...smiled... Asked the gal to herself.

" then my name is Kotori, glad to be your acquaintance. " I said with a smile, yet in the end I was talking to the air, for sonoda-san already left earlier.

" e-e-ehh? " I then giggled, stood up and flew towards the same direction.

Seriously...she is... Such a stubborn girl...