PROLOGUE

Just as I walked out of my ferrari, my secretary and other assistants came to guide my way inside the building. People stopped to make way and greet me as I walk through the pathway.

"Good morning, madame."

"Good morning, miss."

"Greetings, Miss Carswell."

And many more greetings. I didn't care though because I've been hearing that every morning. I continued walking as we get in the elevator. My other assistant pushed the elevator to the highest floor where the CEO's office is.

As we get out of the elevator, my assistants went to their respective places where they have to seat and do their works, while Janice, my 30 year old secretary followed me as I went in the CEO's office.

"What can I get you, Miss? Coffee? Juice-"

"Just get me the papers I have to sign, and I would like to have a milktea instead of coffee. Thanks.", I coldly said as I remove my sunglasses and  dismissed her before sitting on my elegant swiveling chair.

Demitri Valentine G. Carswell | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

I clicked my tongue and opened up my computer to see some of my business emails. I clicked the first one on top and my eyebrow raised after seeing what that is.

MORGAN CHAIN OF HOTELS IS STILL ON THE TOP OF MOST LUXURIOUS HOTEL ON ASIA AND EUROPE.

Fuck. Just fuck. Fuck him.

I scoffed. Asshole.

Dinelete ko and emailed article na nabasa ko at napansing sinend pala ito ni Dennise. That bitch.

I looked at my phone that vibrated and saw a text from dad.

Dad: Have you visited your sister?

Demitri: Not yet.

Dad: You better should. Your mom and I already visited her yesterday. I heard she's already out of the ICU.

I sighed.

Demitri: I'll check on her later.

I put my phone down and turned my swivel chair around to stand up and went near the glass window to see the beautiful view. It's the view of the city and clear skies. I need to clear my head. There's just a lot going on lately. Dumagdag pa ang lalaking iyon.

"Here's your milktea and some papers you have to sign, Miss. "

"Just put it there, thanks." , I said with cold voice. "Cancel all my meetings today and move it tomorrow."

"Yes, Miss."

I turned around after she left and sat on my chair to start my work. After signing all the papers, I drank my milktea while looking around my office.

My office is quite wide. I have my own television and two large bookshelves where a lot of books are placed. I have a set of large sofas and a glass coffee table on the middle. My table is made of elegant glass and wood which made it elegant to look at. The walls are white with some gold designs and behind me is a glass wall where I can see the whole city. I also have a chandelier and have a lot of green plants on the corner and some of my tables have a plant on top of it.

I looked at the time and realized that it's already 11 o'clock. I stood up and took my bag as I walk out of my office. Janice followed me as soon as she saw me going out.

"I'm going to the hospital. Tell the valet to get me my ferrari.", I said as Janice stopped following me to call the valet.

As I went out of the building, the valet is already outside waiting for me. He gave me my key as I get in. I drove out of the building and went to the hospital.