01

Fiancè

Hindi na'ko nagulat sa sinabi ng Mom ko. I just closed my eyes and sighed.

"I just lost my appetite.", I told them. "Are you sure it's me who's getting married?", I looked at both my parents, hope is in my eyes.

Please, change your mind.

My dad sighed. "Ikaw ang namamahala ng kompanya, anak. Malamang sa malamang na ikaw ang ipapakasal."

I sighed again, defeated. I looked up the man in front of me showing coldness in his eyes which reflected mine. "Let's talk for a minute", I told him coldly and stood up, and went to the living room. I felt him follow me from behind.

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad ng mapagtantong hindi na kami maririnig ng parents ko. I faced him when I stopped.

"Why did you agree to this?"

He was still walking when I asked him that so he stopped a meter from me. I heard him sigh, and put both his hands on his pocket, "I didn't."

"Then why is there an engagement if you didn't agree?", I asked him showing no emotion on my face. But deep inside, my heart is beating so fast that I could have a heart attack. This is my first time seeing him in person again.

"I didn't agree but I never said I'd stop the engagement.", he said in his deep voice.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Just, what?

"So you want the engagement?"

There was long silence after that. My brows furrowed more when he just stared at me like I'm some kind of flower he's adoring. Nailang ako sa tingin niya kaya iniwas ko ang paningin ko sakaniya. He's eyes reflected longing. What was that?

I sighed when I realized he wouldn't talk. "Look, if you're playing right now, stop it. It's not funny-"

"Who says I'm playing?"

"This isn't only about business, Mr. Morgan. The fact that my dad said that this is to end the rivalry between our company only means one thing."

"What is it?", he said in his playful yet serious tone.

"This marriage is certainly for a lifetime.!", I told him almost shouting but I will never shout. It's just that I am frustrated. I sighed. "Look, Mr. Morgan-"

"Stop addressing me that. We're not in your company. Call me by my first name.", he said in a demanding way.

"I'll call you in anyway I want, asshole."

His eyes widened at that, looking surprised. He then bowed a little and hide his smirk.

I glared at him when he looked up at me again. He bit his lips and looked away. "Damn, woman."

My face heated at that, so I cleared my throat. "As I was saying, this marriage is for a lifetime. That means that we will share everything we have once we're married -"

"I know that.", he cut me off so I glared at him. He still looked amused.

"That also means that I will be locked up to you and wouldn't have my freedom, and so do you-"

"Who says I'll cage you?", he said behind those cold and darkened eyes.

"You will not be able to choose the woman you love when you're tied up to me, I meant. But sure, we can divorce anytime, I guess. I want to be married in either Spain or Greece, not here in the Philippines."

"So you want to get married to me, then?", he asked.

"I was just telling the possibilities since I know to myself that there's no other way for me to get out of this business."