𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. predator versus prey

✵  . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹ ☽
                 ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
TWENTY FOUR ——  predator versus prey

 ⊹  ☽                    ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋TWENTY FOUR  ——  predator versus prey

     OCTAVIA THOUGHT OF MANY PEOPLE WHEN SHE WAS ALONE. When the pressure was on, she had a tendency to compel herself to push beyond the limits, prove people wrong about her. But those aren't the people she thought of. Rather, she thought of people she wanted to prove right. As much as she wished, she knew she would only ever be human who was hungry for power. Power to do as you please. Power to not care what people think.

             She didn't have that kind of power yet.

   So she thought of Indra. Someone she looked up to, a true mentor. Indra had put her name at risk for her, stuck out her neck because she believed in Octavia. She saw what others didn't— someone strong.

    She thought of Lincoln. A man she held so dear to her heart that it made her stomach tighten and her feet feel light. She wanted to be everything for him, to provide him the comfort he did her. He saw what Indra saw, but before she'd been half the woman she is now.

    And she thought of Noah and Bellamy. As much as they both were as stubborn as mules— they were family to her. She felt like Noah had become like a sister, another role model to look up to. To have the iron will that the Solo did. And to make Noah proud, you made Bellamy proud. Her blood, the only one left who'd known her before all the pain. Noah and Bellamy deserved their time, deserved a simple life that Bellamy dreamed about.

    Until she knows she isn't alone— then she can only think about protecting herself. When her ears perk, the patter coming down the tunnels as someone is making their way right towards her.

    She draws her sword, wielding it with a defiant expression. She wasn't one to go out quietly. No— she would not go silently into that endless night.

     But she sees Clarke Griffin round the corner, and her shoulders slump.

     The blonde stops, slightly stunned to see the other Blake. "Octavia. You stayed."

     Octavia furrowed her brows, "Screw you." She retorts, "Of course, I stayed. I know where my loyalties lie."

     Clarke looks towards the wall that she knows she needs to through, trying to shake off the insult Octavia had thrown at her. "We have to get in there."

     "If that was possible, do you think I'd still be out here?" She askes sharply,  and suddenly remembers the horns she'd heard a while ago— the sound a retreat. "Why did Lexa sound the retreat?"