Chapter One (Part One): Blank Space

Roaming the streets of L.A, Bella rushed, barely feeling her footsteps. It is her big day. She'll be having her debut as an artist in the bustling Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk. Thousands, or even millions of aspiring artists and art buyers are here.It wasn't the best, but good enough for a head start. Moving further, she meets Mr. Grant, the sole reason why she's there. Bella smiled a welcome to him, as they come closer.

"Oh, sweetie, how are you?" Mr. Grant said after their handshake, dressed in his usual tuxedo with a red bow tie.

"Sir, you know how excited I am" she said nervously, clasping her hands.

"Hmmm..." he replied "You certainly don't look like it. You look like a nervous dog afraid to take his shower." he said jokingly.

"You made me more nervous," Bella gasped with an eye roll. "Why don't you just show me where my artworks are?"

"Hey, just kidding," Mr. Grant said with a laugh. "Now get ready." he said, tapping Bella's shoulder.

They moved along, hardly with the crowds of people.

"Here we are." Mr. Grant said as they reached Spring street, where my artworks are. Bella saw her works in display.

"You have to look after these," Mr. Grant said glancing at his watch. "I have other things to do." Then walked away.

Bella tried to argue, but he looked back and said, "I'll meet you here again tomorrow!" from afar.

It was Mr. Grant, the one who invited Bella in the Art Walk. He's also a great painter, but now spends his time to help other artists. He has an art gallery as well, one in L.A, another in New York. Now she's alone, she sat on an available chair there and waited. Why does he have to leave me here? Sometimes I really think he's gay. Bella thought. She had seven paintings to sell, and it's not gonna be easy. Some asked for details, and some praised Bella's work. She felt glad, being appreciated. However, no one seems to like that one painting, the one she made a few months ago-a portrait. Maybe the other paintings out shined it she thought. Watching people go back and forth made her sleepy, and that led her to slumber. A pat on her shoulder woke her up.

"Could you give me more details about that?" A man said, wearing a gray sweatshirt, pointing his finger on a painting.

So she did.She explained how she did it and why it looks like that and...Pretty much everything she wanted to say. "You seem like a newbie." the man said.

"How do you know?" she asked, puzzled.

"I'm a regular here." he answered reassuringly. "I like the complexity of your work. It's unique. Anyway, I'm Steve"

"Thank you," she said, smiling warmly. "I'm Bella."

"So how much for this?" he pointed to another painting.

Bella told him all the prices. "I'll buy six of these."

"Six?" she asked, surprised. "Each one of these costs a thousand dollars!"

"Sure. I like all of it, except for that one." he said looking at the man's portrait. Bella glanced at the painting. "Why not?"

"Why would I buy a portrait of a random guy? That would be ridiculous." he shook his head. "And I don't buy acrylic paintings." he said, suppressing his grin.

Bella wrapped the paintings in bubble wrap and gave them to him.He handed the money and called someone from afar to help him carry the paintings. This guy must have loads of cash she thought. Bella waved him goodbye after saying thanks. She looked again at the unsold portrait.

"Maybe this wasn't meant to be here." she mumbled.

Bella clasped the two bottom edges with her thumb and index fingers, ready to take it away.All of a sudden, a man's silhouette emerged on the painting's surface. It was five o'clock in the afternoon, the sun is about to set. Bella.turned around to see who it was.

"Do you need something?" she said, raising one eyebrow.

The guy was wearing shades, looking very odd, it was nearly dusk. He was dressed in a cardigan, with a shirt underneath. She can vaguely identify his face. He was eyeing for the portrait.

"Who is that?" he asked referring to the man on the portrait.

"Ummm...," she muttered. "Just a random guy. I dunno, it just came out of nowhere." she said, embarrassingly.

"Is that so? How much?"

"Actually, it's 800 bucks, I'll cut it down to half... No, make it 300, if someone wants to buy it. I want to get rid of it." she said with disgust.

"Then that'll be good for me." he smirked.

"What do you mean?" she said with a baffled expression.

"I'll buy it." he said, taking out 300 dollars from his wallet.

"You want to buy it?"

"Why not?" he said.

"Nothing." she said, pretending to be nonchalant.

She wants to know why he wants to buy it. Bella quickly wrapped it and took the money. As she turned around, she's about see the most unexpected. The guy took off his sunglasses, his face so clearly seen. Bella shook her head in disbelief. He looked like an exact copy of what she had painted.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Vincent Landon." he said, giving out one hand, signalling a handshake.

"Bella Andersen." she said, responding to his gesture, awkwardly.

"Must be a coincidence." Vincent said. "I'll carry this to my car.Wanna help me out?" Bella felt her heart skip. "Sure." she said with a sly smile.

After tucking the painting into the car's trunk, Vincent inserted a key in the keyhole to lock it. Bella grabbed her chance.

"Can we talk for a while?" she said.

"Uh... yeah, that's fine. I have a lot of time in my hands." he said openly. Bella knew she was flustered. She looked down, thinking of something to say.

"Where?" he interrupted.

"Where what?" she said. "Where should we talk? Let's find a place." Bella looked around, and spotted a coffee shop on the far corner.

"There." she pointed.

—————————————————————————————————————————

~Author's Note~

I'm Dedicating this to @deannetianzon

Credits to her too! Don't forget to follow her! She helped me a lot in this story so I'm giving credits to her! Thanks guys! :)x

Hello guys! It's been a while since I haven't updated my other story! So, here's what I promised to write. I hope you guys loved it and, don't forget to Vote and Comment :)x