Chapter Two (Part Four) Blame It On The Rain

Alvira

I smoothened the jacket with my hands,assuring it's perfectly flattened and no wrinkles are visible.I folded it and slipped it in a paper bag.I went out at exactly nine o'clock,and what I encountered was something quite surprising.

   "Clyde?" I asked the man standing,his back facing me.I quickly recognized his features.No one could miss it.

   "Morning." he greeted with a heartwarming smile.I felt so light and giddy at that moment.I didn't see that coming.I haven't seen him smile like that.

   "You didn't tell me you're coming." I said.He must be really eager to see his loved one.

   "Sorry about that.I just can't wait to see her." he said.

   "How shall we start?" I initiated.

   "I have her address here,courtesy of one of her best friends.

Seems like a hotel.Let's start with it."

Clyde

Knowing that Alvira is here by my side calmed my fears and doubts.I can't handle rejection,that's one of my downsides.I fear that Vanessa will push me away,or maybe she has found someone better after all those years.I'm not sure if finding her now is the right thing to do.

That's . . . horrible.I mean,if she really loves you,she wouldn't disappear like that.And she'll make a way for you to see each other.

Those are the words that Alvira said.

   What she said is undeniably right and logical,but I am overwhelmed with questions as to why she disappeared just like that.My mind is in shambles and I can't push myself to think straight.

   I want to know why she vanished.She left me alone,leaving me clueless.And that caused me so much despair.

If I found out that she doesn't love me anymore,it will devastate me.But what I really need is to hear her side,why she left with no trace.

Alvira and I walked along the busy street. My phone beeped,disturbing my deep thoughts.It's Bryce for sure.I picked the phone and answered.

   "Hey,how you doing?" he said. He hasn't changed. His voice still exudes his happy-go-lucky and carefree attitude.

   "I'm good.Hey,let's make this quick.What do you need?"

   "Woah.That's harsh,bro.Just wanted you to hang out with me.I want you to meet my girlfriend."

  After almost a year,he's finally introducing his girlfriend.I wonder why it took that long.

   "Oh,that's great news.Well,I'm with Alvira right now and we're doing something really important." Alvira looked at me curiously,as I spoke her name. "I don't think I have the time to meet you two right now."

   "Still looking for that long-lost girlfriend,aren't you?" He let out a mocking,breathy sigh. "I guess no one can really stop you.We will be at Village Cafe',if you change your mind.I hope you will."

Then the line cut off.

  "Your best friend?" Alvira asked.

   "Yeah,he's asking me to hang out with him because he wants me to meet his girlfriend."

   Alvira halted her steps,catching my attention.

"Then you should go." she encouraged.

   "No,she is my priority right now.Meeting his girlfriend can wait." I replied firmly.