Chapter Two (Part One): Blame It On The Rain

"Thank you for flying with China Airlines. We will be landing shortly. Please make sure you don't leave your belongings." The flight attendant's sweet voice charmingly said, which woke me up from my fourteen-and-a-half-hour sleep.

That's how long it took, flying from New Jersey to Beijing, my hometown. I tried to rise from my seat and sit straight, my neck creaked as I did. I had been lying on this upholstery chair for fourteen hours straight, and my muscles don't seem to be ready to move. I fell back to the seat, and winced in pain. I rotated my head and stretched my lean arms, which helped a bit. I took my hand-carry luggage and readied myself. The plane landed smoothly, a sign of a peaceful trip. Passengers now lined up to the plane's exit. I was one of the first of the few groups to to exit the plane, much to my excitement.

Here I am, in the big and mighty country of China The ordeal in the airport was rough.The whole space was filled with people. I had a hard time retrieving my luggage and moving about. I forgot what to expect. In China people were everywhere. Escaping the mob of yellow-skinned and squinty-eyed people, I finally got out of the airport. It was pretty awkward. Although I have a bit of Chinese blood, I still felt like a foreigner, like I didn't belong. I regret to have gone alone to this place. How I wish I had brought my best friend, Vanessa, as my companion. She went here a few days ago before I did.

I waited for a taxi because I had planned to go to my aunt's. I think I've seen her in pictures, but I haven't met her. What she looked like has now become vague in my memory. I called the taxi coming nearby, almost simultaneously with the man standing far away from behind, also signalling the taxi, same as I did. I was in a hurry to get a taxi when I accidentally, just accidentally, bumped my suitcase and it slowly, then faster, rolled away. I came running after it, as it slid on the taxi alley.

I panted in every step. It was darn fast. A little boy who had little spaces between his teeth who covered his little hand over his little mouth laughed at me. How embarrassing. I was close to getting hold of it, almost, huffing and puffing as I did, when it suddenly stopped making me bump into something. I didn't notice. The man from behind was who I bumped into, and he stopped my suitcase from its rolling journey across the alley. I fell into the man's arms, my legs bumped to the suitcase, almost making me fall to my knees. He jerked, but caught me from falling.

"Are you alright?" he asked. I stood there, dazed.

I was bending my knees, trying to maintain my balance. I rested my hands on his chest. I sensed his hands going lower on my back, maybe because he was helping me support myself. I immediately backed away.

"I'm okay." I placed my suitcase next to me.

"Thanks." I muttered. The sound of wheels rumbled,it was the taxi we called earlier. The driver must have been chasing after me. We called again, at the same time. Cars must be few here.

"You can have it." he offered. I shrugged, surprised of the man's generosity.

I smiled at him as a sign of thanks, and tucked my luggage on the backseat. I rested on the front seat and looked at the window. He's still smiling at me, then waved his hand. I smiled awkwardly, feeling shy to wave likewise, so as not to hurt his feelings. I looked away, but I could still see him in the corner of my eye. The engine of the taxi started, and drove away.

We stopped in an industrial town in Shunyi city, where my aunt lives. She's probably well-off,since she owns a factory around here. I found her address, where an old-fashioned but sturdily built temple-gate stood. I knocked since there wasn't a doorbell. A middle aged woman opened it. She gasped in surprise as she laid her eyes on me.

"Alvira!!!" she called in a rather nasal Chinese accent.

"Ni Hao, Aunt Ching." I greeted as I bowed my head. She commanded me to follow her inside.

Statues of Chinese Gods and deities adorned their garden, as well as bonsais. We went deeper into their lot, where a pretty modern house is located. She opened the front door and invited me to come in. She had prepared food for me,and there was dim sum which I really favored. She joined me in the table, and asked me about my illness. Right, I have coronary heart disease.

That's why I came here.The doctor recommended to stay away from pollution and unhealthy foods. The pollution in the U.S had been unbearable for me, and I was always tempted to eat fast-food. It's a total opposite from here.

"How are you now?" she asked, worried.

"I've been having chest pains in the past few weeks, but it seems to better now." I answered. She felt relieved.

We finished eating a few minutes after talking about random things. She also asked about father, which is her brother, how we're living in America. She guided me to a room, where I can rest and have some privacy. I lied on my bed, feeling a sharp pain on my chest. I drank a pill prescripted by my doctor and slept in.

------------------------------------------------------

~Author's Note~

I'm dedicating this to @atengblue

Credits to @deannetianzon Don't forget to follow her! She helped me a lot in this story so I'm giving credits to her! Thanks guys! :)x

As always, long updates :3

Enjoy this part :3

Don't forget to Vote and Comment :)x