Prologue pt. 1

(Warnings: Birth scene)

(A/N) Hello Dear Readers! Here to give you a heads up. This is the story of how my OC, Sage, came to be. It is not a part of the main story, but it is important to know in order to understand how she came to be. Plus, there will be many instances where characters from these first chapters will appear in the main story. Without further ado. Please enjoy Ancient Wisdom. 

Sage is young woman with a Hylian father and a mother born into the Yiga clan. Her mother, Lorren, genetically looked like any other traditional Sheikah, with white hair and reddish-brown eyes. Her father Ezin had curly brown hair and ocean blue eyes. 

Even though Lorren was born into the Yiga clan, she never felt like she belonged there, specially when something within her never let her agree with their ways. She escaped at some point and came to meet her future husband, a traveling singer who found her starving near the entrance of the Great Plateau. He and his band mates decided to take Lorren in, allowing her to work with them so that she could earn her living. They did not know about her true identity as Yiga. 

Working with the band, managing their schedule and dealing with the venue owners, she slowly fell in love with the lead singer, Ezin, specially because of his curious personality and distinctive voice. Ezin also fell in love with Lorren's gentleness and grace. 

At some point though, Lorren could not keep her identity hidden any longer, because the white roots of her hair were starting to become more noticeable. She spoke to Ezin in private, coming to him in tears as she admitted to where she really came from. She feared receiving an adverse reaction from him, considering the atrocities her clan did, but Ezin only hugged her and comforted her, saying he would find some hair dye for her as it was easy in the entertainment business. He was originally going to find some black hair dye, as it was the dye she had at the moment, but Lorren told him to switch it for a brown dye, as she wanted to honor him who saved her life.

Continuing to work with the band, she was able to get enough rupees to manage on her own, yet she decided to stay with the band as they treated her like family. 

The love between Lorren and Ezin continued to blossom. They had traveled for almost a year all across Hyrule before Ezin proposed to her one night. They agreed to get married in the closest town with a priest.  The closest civilized area ended up being Kakariko Village, which secretly made Lorren anxious. She was on edge during their time there because she was afraid that the villagers would somehow discover her identity. She had also been learning more about the light of Goddess Hylia and felt torn about her situation. Her people had betrayed the Sheikah and she in turn betrayed her people back. She didn't deserve the happiness she was receiving. Goddess Hylia wouldn't smile on someone so awful, would she? The inhabitants of the village still welcomed them with kindness as it was the band's first time there. 

At night, Lorren silently left the inn and went to kneel in front of the goddess statue while bowing her head all the way to the ground. She did not feel worthy at all. Instead of feeling any remorse from the statue, all she received was warmth. It was nighttime, but sunlight filtered through the darkness and illuminated the area where she was kneeling. She dared to look up at the statue only to find it smiling at her and not frowning like she had expected. She started crying at the scene as she had never felt so comforted. She heard a calm voice speak to her in her head, "You were born surrounded by darkness, yet you have always searched for the light. For this deed I shall grant you the gift of motherhood. Your offspring will become a protector of Hyrule." 

Lorren nodded profusely while sobbing in gratitude. She placed one hand over her lower belly, where her womb would be as the light surrounded that area of her body. Through teary eyes, she watched as the light took a humanoid form to cradle her face gently. "Great tragedies await Hyrule, but that is not my influence. I will not let you suffer through any of it. Know that I will always smile upon you, child." Lorren nodded again constantly repeating thank you for the mercy.