Prologue pt. 2

* . °•★|•°∵ 3 year time skip∵°•|☆•° . *

Sage was now three years old. She inherited her mother's white hair color, facial features, and determination, but her father's curly hair, blue eyes, and love for music. Lorren took to dyeing Sage's hair often to brown as to not have her bloodline revealed, explaining to Sage that she must never tell anyone about it. 

During this time, her father suddenly got very sick. He could no longer tour with his band, so he urged them to continue on without him so that they could still earn their living. One of the newest band members, a young man with great potential, was made the new lead singer by Ezin himself. Ezin had faith that he would become a renowned singer. With much grief, the band departed, always sending letters about their experiences back to him. Sage took to caring for her father with her mother. 

One night, Lorren went to pray to the goddess statue of the town. She prayed for the wellbeing of Ezin, Sage, and herself. Suddenly, she remembered the first words the Goddess had told her. "Great tragedies await Hyrule, but that is not my influence. I will not let you suffer through any of it. Know that I will always smile upon you, child." 

"The great tragedies must be approaching, aren't they?" she asked the Goddess. "Yes. I'm afraid, after 10,000 years, the Calamity will strike again." Hylia answered. "What of my husband and my daughter?" she felt immense sadness surrounding her. "Ezin.... he is going to die soon... isn't he?" 

There was a moment of silence, perhaps hesitation from the Goddess. "Yes, he will die. Considering the future events, it was better than he passed on peacefully surrounded by his family. If not like this, he would've perished gruesomely due to the Calamity." Lorren's heart clenched at the news. "And Sage?"

"You must take her to Gerudo Town. The Gerudo women are powerful. They will be the ones to turn Sage into the strong warrior she needs to be." "She will have to fight the Calamity?" she asked worriedly. "Yes. She will not be alone, but she is of the very few that can." 

"I worry for her future, but I trust you, my Goddess, that you will lead Hyrule away from darkness." Lorren confessed.

"The Calamity is rageful and zealous. It saddens me... but this is the only way." Hylia responded. 

"I understand. I... shall get going I have to prepare myself and Sage for Ezin's parting."

"I smile upon you, and will provide both of you with consolation."

Lorren left to the little cottage her family was staying at. Sage was still awake, reading a book to her father. At the scene, she immediately burst into tears. Sage noticed and took hold of her mother's hand and told her to lay down next to her dad. Sage laid between them as they both comforted her mother. She stopped crying after a while and Sage fell asleep.

Ezin took the opportunity to ask Lorren why she had been crying. Lorren's eyes watered again, but she held back from sobbing as to not wake up Sage. She caressed Ezin's face and kept looking at him as if to engrave his features in her mind. "I'm going soon aren't I?" he asked gently. Lorren nodded as tears escaped her. "The Goddess said that it would be better this way. That if she were to heal you now, you would only die a gruesome death because of the Calamity." "The Calamity?" he asked, "You mean that 10,000 year old legend?" 

"Yes. The Calamity resurges every 10,000 years... hence the age of the legend." Ezin sighed. "So... Sage will have to fight it?" He always caught on quick. "Yes, although she won't be alone." Ezin exhaled deeply, "That brings me comfort. She will have people to protect and in turn, those people will protect her back. Aside from the Goddess, of course." "Yeah..." Ezin kissed Lorren's forehead and wiped away her tears. "I'm sorry that I have to go soon." he said as he connected his forehead to hers. "I promise to look over both of you. I love you so much." "I love you too."